Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe is one of America’s most popular cake recipes. This is really an easy-to-make recipe that tastes very good.
Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe is a cake that is made from scratch, which means it uses a few more ingredients than some of the cake mixes. All of these ingredients are usually on hand in any kitchen pantry.
The recipe calls for eggs, butter, sugar, and almond or vanilla extract flavorings. It also requires baking powder and soda to make the batter rise and flour to stiffen it up so you have nice slices. Sugar is also needed to give this recipe its sweetness.
This recipe makes a two-layered cake with whipped cream frosting that takes about 45 minutes from start to finish. It’s best to use fresh strawberries for this recipe. You can also substitute fruit for the frosting if you want.
Let’s get started!
How to make Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Skill level: Medium
Ingredients for Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe:
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 (3 oz.) box of Strawberry Jello (Regular)
- 1 cup of mashed strawberries with Juice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 (8oz) Cream Cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 3 1/2 cups Confectioners’ Sugar + more if frosting is too thin. I’ve used as much as 1/2 cup more
- 1/2 cup of Strawberries (Drain all the juice of the frosting will be runny)
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, cream together, shortening, sugar and eggs. Afterward, sift the cake mix and add the remaining dry ingredients (including Jello) to the above.
Step 3: Add juice and milk to strawberries and cook in the microwave until hot. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then stir in mashed strawberries, vanilla & almond extract, or any other flavorings you like.
Step 4: Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until blended. Pour into two greased 9″ round cake pans.
Step 5: Bake for 35-45 minutes (or until the toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cakes). Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes in pans, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Step 6: Cut out the top of each cake and remove it from the pan. Then, enjoy your delicious strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting.
Nutrition Facts of Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe
|Saturated Fats||2 g|
5 Perfect Servings Idea of Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe
1. Using frozen strawberries works well for fruit cake, and you can separate a few for decoration on top of the cake or add them to the filling or frosting.
2. The cream cheese frosting has a unique tangy taste that goes great with the sweet flavors of fruit cake. You may also enjoy adding extra sprinkles to your cake’s top for added flavor and texture.
3. Serve with berries or sliced strawberries on top of the cake.
4. You can also make a semifreddo using this recipe if you don’t want to make a whole strawberry cake with it. Just freeze half of it and then serve sandwich-style with cream cheese frosting and strawberries on top, or the other way around!
5. You can also use this strawberry cake recipe for other occasions, such as picnics or gatherings with family and friends. It’s one of those recipes that can be tweaked to suit various individual needs.
Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe is a very easy-to-make cake. You can use any flavorings in the cake, including chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, and more. You may also add other ingredients such as raisins or other dried fruits if you prefer to have a fruity taste in your cake.
Is Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe good for everybody?
Yes. Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe is good for everybody because it’s a very easy-to-make cake that tastes very good. You need to be careful not to overcook it as some people may have issues with their hormones or bodies and need their sweets to be served hot.
A person in this category can have sugar, protein, or fat issues in their diet, so you’ll have to experiment and find out what works for you.
Mama sue’s strawberry cake recipe is an easy-to-make recipe that tastes very good. If you want to change the recipe to fit your needs, please edit it accordingly. In this way, everyone can make this easy-to-make recipe in a way that suits their taste & choice.
I hope this article helps you get the easiest, freshest, and best-tasting strawberry cake recipe. It’s also a great way to decorate your cake with strawberries. I really hope you enjoy this tasty strawberry cake recipe!
As always, thank you for reading, and have a great day!
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!