Gambino’s king cake rum cream recipes are a sweet, creamy concoction you’ll want repeatedly. You could use this to make an amazing fruit salad with rum cream sauce or spread it on toast for breakfast. It’s also a perfect addition to a classic Italian trifle.
King cakes are a New Orleans tradition celebrated across the United States. They’re filled with fruit and, traditionally, black walnuts or pecans. But we wanted to add something special to our king cake recipe, so rather than using nuts, we replaced them with sweet rum cream.
This recipe is easy to make and you don’t need fancy kitchen equipment. It’s also great for beginner bakers and cooks. The best part is that if you’re looking for a delicious dessert idea, this king cake rum cream recipe can be made quickly with not much effort.
How to make Gambino’s king cake rum cream recipes?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Gambino’s king cake rum cream recipes:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups of crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Instructions for Gambino’s king cake rum cream recipes:
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream and milk on medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, then remove from heat. Add in the sugar and stir until everything is dissolved. Let it cool before you proceed to the next step. Keep aside for 30 minutes or make ahead and refrigerate overnight.
2. In a heavy saucepan, combine the crushed pineapple and lemon juice on medium heat. Cook until the liquid turns pinkish. The sugar in the pineapple will turn into caramel as it cooks.
3. Add your cooled-down syrup to a small bowl and stir until everything is combined.
4. In another small bowl, combine the cooled-down cream mixture and pour it into the saucepan with the pineapple mix. Mix well until everything is incorporated well together and forms an even consistency for serving or serving to guests at home.
5. Pour the mixture into a serving dish and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving. It’s easier to let it sit overnight in the fridge before serving it.
6. At serving time, use a sharp knife to cut the king cakes into squares or diamonds.
To plate up your dessert, pour caramel syrup over each pastry square or save some to drizzle on top of each slice of cake.
Nutrition Facts of Gambino’s king cake rum cream recipes
Best 7 Health Benefits of Gambino’s king cake rum cream recipes
1. It contains a variety of good fats that are essential for your health and keep you happy and full all day long.
2. It’s packed with protein which is required to keep you energized and focused on your daily tasks throughout the day.
3. It’s lower in calories and carb-free, so you can eat more without gaining weight.
4. It’s high in vitamin C, essential for your immune system, and protecting yourself from diseases.
5. It’s high in vitamin A which boosts your body’s growth, health, and strength. Vitamin A also protects against cancer and heart disease.
6. It’s loaded with fiber that promotes good digestive health.
7. And it contains iron to help keep your red blood cells healthy and boost your immune system to fend off illnesses so they can be easily diagnosed and treated when needed.
I tried making this recipe with different fruits and rums to see how it turned out. And I have to say. I wasn’t disappointed with the result at all. It was just as delicious as it was before. The cream and ice cream that I added did nothing but enhance the flavor of the cake and make it even tastier. The cake itself was moist and not too sweet. The use of good-quality rum didn’t hurt either :).
Not only is this Gambino’s king cake rum cream recipes super simple to make, but it’s also very attractive to try if you’re looking for a healthy dessert that can be made in the comfort of your own home. It’s a perfect addition to any party or special occasion.
If you love chocolate, then this delicious treat would be perfect for you! The chocolate swirl inside the cake will instantly make your mouth water, and you’ll want more.
I hope you enjoyed this article, and I’d love to hear what you think of it below. Feel free to leave me a comment or ask any questions you may have.