The big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe is our favorite go-to dessert for family and friends gatherings. The moist, dense cake with a rich, dark chocolate flavor is always a hit.
The big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe can be made in a bundt cake pan or a tube pan. It is a moist and pudding-like chocolate cake with a brown butter frosting, which makes it extra special. This recipe is easy to make but looks impressive.
This recipe uses all-purpose flour, dark cocoa powder, and vegetable oil. That’s it! The cake is topped with a buttercream frosting made of cream cheese and butter. And because this cake is so decadent, you’ll want to serve it on its own or with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
The big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe is very forgiving, so that you can make your batter a little bit too watery or thick. Either way, it will still turn out delicious!
How to make the Big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 35 min
Total Time: 55 min
Yields: 1 bundt cake
Ingredients for Big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour,
- sifted 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt 8 oz. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (whole, 2%, or skim)
Instructions for Big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and spray a bundt or tube pan with non-stick spray (grease and flour). Set aside.
2. Place flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir until combined.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in vegetable oil and cook for 1-2 minutes until butter is completely melted and starts to brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes; this will be your fudge sauce!
4. Pour fudge sauce into the large bowl with dry ingredients and stir until combined. Add eggs, vanilla, and 1/2 of the milk; mix well. Add remaining milk and mix until just combined.
5. Transfer batter to prepared pan(s). Bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with no wet batter.
6. Allow cake(s) to cool completely in pan(s). Slice, cover, and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
7. To frost the cake: Whip cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until very creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until the frosting is smooth. Spread over cake and serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts of Big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe
Best 5 Health Benefits of big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe
1. It’s a tasty, rich dessert that’s easy to make!
2. It is full of dark chocolate flavor with just the right amount of sweetness.
3. The rich dark chocolate flavor makes it ideal for baked goods or as a dessert or snack option.
4. You can eat it as is, top it with ice cream and whipped cream or serve it on its own to lick the bowl clean without feeling guilty!
5. It makes a great hostess gift, especially when paired with birthday or holiday trinkets.
Is the Big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe good for everybody?
The big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe is gluten-free and can be made vegan, so it’s great for people with allergies or intolerances. It also contains no artificial sugar or artificial ingredients, but it’s loaded with sugar, so make sure you’re eating it in moderation.
What do I need to make a Big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe?
You will need a bundt or tube cake pan for this recipe. Find one at Goodwill or your local thrift shop if you don’t want to invest in a bundt pan. You can also use a 9 x 13 pan, but a tube pan is best for this recipe.
What is the difference between dark cocoa powder and regular cocoa powder?
Regular cocoa powder is off-white and has a slightly bitter taste. If you’ve ever had dark chocolate, you know what I mean when I say it’s a bit stronger. Dark cocoa powder is also off-white, but it’s not bitter and is generally easier to work with.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can tailor it to what you have in your pantry. If you don’t have dark cocoa powder, use regular cocoa powder. If you don’t like milk, use half and half or heavy cream instead.
Please check for the latest updates. Thanks for reading. Try the Big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe, and let me know how it works out for you. Happy baking!!
Enjoy the Big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe with your loved ones. Share the Big mountain chocolate fudge cake recipe with your family, friends and relatives if you think they would be interested in it.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!