The burnt sugar bundt cake recipe is a dessert with a cake-like texture, which can be served with ice cream, whipped cream, or slices of fresh fruit.
This is the best-burnt sugar bundt cake recipe we have found, and it does not disappoint. The process for making the batter is relatively straightforward, but you’ll need about an hour for it to cook through. The cake will rise during this time, so give it plenty of room in your oven.
The key to making this cake is being deliberate and cautious when managing your layers. The timing can also be tricky, especially if you want every layer to be soft and chewy, but you don’t want it burning.
You’ll need a bundt pan for this recipe, and we found that our favorite version of the cake is made with coconut oil, which doesn’t burn as easily.
Most importantly, every bite will taste like a piece of birthday cake, and it will be so yummy that you’ll want to pinch yourself.
How to make a Burnt sugar bundt cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
Ingredients for Burnt sugar bundt cake recipe:
For the cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2¼ cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks; 170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) whole milk, at room temperature
Burnt Sugar Frosting:
- 1 cup (2 sticks; 230g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups (480g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) cooled burnt sugar syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) of whole milk or heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Instructions for Burnt sugar bundt cake recipe:
1. Place parchment paper on your counter and grease the pan with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
3. Place flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk well. In another bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Combine flour mixture with sugar mixture into a bowl and mix well until no lumps of flour remain in the batter.
5. Add butter and mix into the batter. Slowly add milk while mixing. Mix well until smooth.
6. Scrape batter into the prepared bundt pan, spreading evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake for 50-55 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
8. To make the frosting, beat butter and vanilla until smooth.
9. Add powdered sugar, salt, and cooled burnt sugar syrup to the butter mixture, a cup at a time (as much as you want), mixing well after each addition.
10. Add heavy cream or milk and beat for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
You can serve your Burnt sugar bundt cake recipe warm with ice cream or cold with whipped cream or any other garnish you prefer.
Traditionally, this cake is a birthday or wedding cake, and both are very popular.
You can choose to use unsalted butter instead of salted butter for this recipe. And you can replace the milk with boiled water and sugar syrup for the drier bundt cake recipe.
This is the best-burnt sugar bundt cake recipe we have found, and it does not disappoint. The process for making the batter is relatively straightforward, but you’ll need about an hour for it to cook through.
Nutrition Facts of Burnt sugar bundt cake recipe
|Calories from Fat||385|
5 Amazing Servings Idea for Burnt sugar bundt cake recipe
The simplest way to serve your burnt sugar bundt cake recipe is to put it in the center of a table, cut the middle and fill it up with ice cream for everyone. But you can consider these amazing serving ideas:
1. Slice your burnt sugar bundt cake recipe into different places and fill them with ice cream, whipped cream, and fruit.
2. Serve this amazing dessert warm with ice cream or cold with whipped cream on top.
3. You can also chop it up into small pieces and serve it as bite-size pieces on small plates.
4. Place it in a glass serving bowl and fill the bowl with some crushed ice and add whipped cream on top of it.
5. For a healthy idea, serve the burnt sugar bundt cake recipe simply without any garnishing or ice cream and enjoy its flavor with fruits.
Can I Freeze the Burnt sugar bundt cake recipe?
Yes, you can freeze your Burnt sugar bundt cake recipe. Place the frosted bundt cake in the freezer until frozen, then transfer to a freezer bag or airtight container. To defrost, remove from freezer and leave at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
If you don’t have enough time to make your burnt sugar bundt cake recipe, you can use This Bundt Cake Recipe
What does burnt sugar cake taste like?
Burnt sugar cake is a popular dish that tastes very sweet, creamy, and moist. It is best to serve with ice cream and fresh fruits to have amazing dessert on your dinner table.
How long does burnt sugar cake keep?
This delicious dessert can be kept for about two days at room temperature. You can also store it in the refrigerator for another 2-3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 6 months.
How do you burn sugar for baking?
Sometimes you will have to cut back the sugar in your recipe so that the sugar caramelizes at the right temperature. This is where a trick with salt can help you out.
All you need to do is add ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt and ½ teaspoon of baking soda to every 1 cup of sugar and mix well. You are supposed to use this mixture in place of sugar in any recipe that needs it and then proceed with cooking.
What do you do with burnt sugar?
This sticky and concentrated by-product can be used in many recipes, from sweet desserts to savory applications. You can use burnt sugar as a substitute for granulated sugar or as a part of a sweet/tart glaze or sauce.
How do you caramelize cake sugar?
Caramelizing sugar is one of the most common tasks when baking. However, using salts and other ingredients can help you in this whole procedure.
For example, for every cup of granulated sugar, you can add ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt and ½ teaspoon of baking soda. After that, cook it on medium-high heat until it turns golden brown or caramelized.
Make your Burnt sugar bundt cake recipe today and enjoy it with your family and friends. This cake is exquisite and delicious.
Share your burnt sugar bundt cake recipe with us and help us spread the world of delicious desserts.
I hope that you now have all the information about burnt sugar cake that you need. I hope this guide has helped you out with the recipe.
If you found this article helpful, please share it on your social media accounts, or if you have any questions, leave a comment below.