Yolanda chocolate cake recipe is an easy-to-make quick dessert. It’s chocolatey and moist but not too sweet. You will typically find this cake in a bakery.
It is best to make this cake in the summer as it is iced and topped with fruit. This Yolanda chocolate cake recipe will be worth your effort.
Here we will share with you the Yolanda chocolate cake recipe. It is a quick and easy dessert that you can make to impress your loved ones.
It has all the comforting flavors of a chocolate cake, but it is much lighter than its classic counterpart! Enjoy!
How to make Yolanda chocolate cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 – 45 minutes
Yields: 12 servings
- 1 cup butter (softened) at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup buttermilk
Instructions for Yolanda chocolate cake recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Beat butter on medium speed in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add sugar gradually and beat until combined. Pour in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the batter alternately with buttermilk. Stir until just combined after each addition (do not overmix).
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan or dish. Level it out with a spatula.
5. Bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean from the center of the cake.
6. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely.
7. Make the frosting by beating the butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla together with a hand mixer until it’s creamy. Add in half of your confectioner sugar and beat for a few minutes.
8. Sift the remaining confectioner sugar and add melted chocolate to another bowl. Stir until smooth and creamy
9. Spread frosting over the cool cake while it is still hot.
10. Add some fresh sliced fruit to the frosting and serve.
Enjoy your homemade Yolanda chocolate cake recipe!
Pro tips to make the Yolanda chocolate cake recipe:
1. If the cake is sticking to your pan, spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray
2. Do not use a glass cake dish; the batter will leak under the lid.
3. Make sure to mix everything thoroughly (but don’t overmix) after each addition of buttermilk, flour, and cocoa powder so that there are no lumps in your batter!
4. Make sure the oven is preheated to 325 F
5. Bake the cake for 35 – 45 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean from the center of the cake
6. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts of Yolanda chocolate cake recipe
Amount per serving: 13.5 g
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||38.33 g|
5 Best Health Benefits of Yolanda chocolate cake recipe
1. Yolanda chocolate cake recipe lowers blood pressure
2. Yolanda chocolate cake recipe reduces the risk of stroke
3. Yolanda chocolate cake recipe improves bone health by increasing calcium absorption and reducing bone loss
4. Yolanda chocolate cake recipe is a good source of protein and calcium, which is important for muscle growth
5. Yolanda chocolate cake recipe contains antioxidants that help prevent cancer
Can I Freeze the Yolanda chocolate cake recipe?
This cake freezes really well. Wrap it well in aluminum foil and place it in a freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
What Goes with the Yolanda chocolate cake recipe?
The Yolanda chocolate cake recipe is a great way to impress your guests during special occasions like birthdays, weddings, and anniversaries. It is best served with an ice cream scoop of vanilla or whipped cream.
What ingredient makes cake fluffy and moist?
Butter or margarine is one of the main ingredients that make the cake super fluffy and moist. The more butter you add, the fluffier and moister the cake will be.
How do I convert a Yolanda chocolate cake recipe to a cupcake recipe?
To convert from a Yolanda chocolate cake recipe to a Yolanda chocolate cupcake recipe, it’s pretty simple. You just have to divide the number of ingredients by 12, which is how many cupcakes it will yield. The recipe will then remain the same.
Why is my cake so brown?
Sometimes your cake may be brown because you accidentally added too much cocoa powder. If this happens, mix in 2 – 3 tablespoons of milk to remove some cocoa powder and make your cake white again.
How can I add fruit to this recipe?
If you want to add fruit, it’s quite simple! Just pop the top of a can of frozen unsweetened berries or blueberries, and place them on the cooled cake. Do the same for frozen chopped peaches or fresh sliced fruit.
Many people love chocolate cake, but it is hard to find a good chocolate cake recipe. We think this Yolanda chocolate cake recipe will be just what you want.
It is a simple yet delicious dessert you can make for yourself, friends, or family, and remember Yolanda Flynn zee with every bite of your homemade cake.
We hope that you have enjoyed this recipe as much as we did. We hope it will be a great addition to your family’s dessert repertoire! Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions! Thanks for reading!