The vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe is a sponge cake that is spongy, moist, and boasts a subtle vanilla taste with whipped egg whites.
Vanilla mayonnaise cake is the cake for those who are looking for a better dessert.
It does not only produce a different flavor but also is easy to make with ingredients that you probably have in your house.
As mentioned, vanilla mayonnaise cake is not just a textured or sweet taste. It has a refreshing cucumber taste, giving it a nice zing!
You will also find that this recipe might be healthier than most traditional cakes because it uses only natural ingredients such as vegetable oil and eggs.
How To Make A Vanilla Mayonnaise Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: About 40 – 60 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
Ingredients For Vanilla Mayonnaise Cake Recipe:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
Instructions For Vanilla Mayonnaise Cake Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, eggs, and water in a large bowl until smooth.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt into a smaller bowl. Stir into the mayonnaise mixture until just combined.
4. Whisk the vanilla and xanthan gum into the batter until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Place on a wire rack to cool, slice, and serve.
Nutrition Facts Of Vanilla Mayonnaise Cake Recipe
Best 7 Health Benefits Of Vanilla Mayonnaise Cake Recipe
1. Cancer Prevention
Lowering the odds of suffering from cancer is what a lot of people wish for. Using mayonnaise as an alternative to butter and fats will help lower the risk of breast, prostate, colon, and stomach cancer.
2. Helps Kick Diabetes To The Curb
Type 2 diabetes is a disease that most people are unaware they are suffering from until it has become very serious. The low-fat and fat-free diet promotes healthy bones, muscles, and nails.
3. Boosts The Immune System
The immune system is one of the most important organs in our body as it helps protect us from disease.
The all-natural ingredients used in this cake recipe also help boost your immune system by fighting off the symptoms of inflammation while at the same time producing white blood cells that fight infection.
4. Helps Lower Blood Pressure
If there is one thing that everyone hates, it is high blood pressure. This vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe stimulates better digestion to decrease the concentration of toxins and waste materials in the body.
This will help lower your blood pressure and subsequently improve cardiovascular health.
5. Lowers Cholesterol Levels
Mayonnaise is known for its high-cholesterol content. However, the new generation of mayonnaise has been engineered to reduce the cholesterol levels in the blood by as much as a third. This means that you can enjoy your mayonnaise cake recipe guilt free!
6. Improves digestion
Making use of this vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe can help improve your digestion. It will also prevent constipation, one of the leading causes of additional weight gain.
7. Water Weight Reduction
Certain ingredients in this recipe help flush out the toxins and excess fat within your body and help you lose weight.
The vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe has no side effects if eaten in moderation.
It is also not advisable for pregnant women because it has a high-fat content and might negatively affect the baby’s brain development.
Things to remember:
1. To make the cake flavorful, you can use any vanilla extract or flavor. These are available in grocery stores and supermarkets in various flavors.
2. Vanilla mayonnaise cake is a great alternative for normal cakes but does not expect it to replace your regular chocolate or strawberry cakes.
It is better as a light dessert after a heavy meal that consists of meat, carbohydrates, and fats.
3. The vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe is unsuitable for people with allergies as it contains eggs, milk, and sugar.
4. This recipe uses unsweetened cocoa powder. If you have a favorite brand of chocolate, you can use that instead of unsweetened cocoa powder.
5. Do not allow the batter to get too hot when making this vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe, or it will overflow on the pan and end up drying out and hardening after cooling down.
6. You can play around with the flavor by replacing vanilla extract with coffee, mint, citrus, or liquor extracts. You can also add some cheese and bacon bits to enhance the flavor of your cake further.
7. The recipe makes about 14 servings and is best for dessert for 12 people or as an appetizer for a gathering party.
8. Always refrigerate leftovers after the party is over since baking this recipe produces natural oils that might go bad when left at room temperature for several hours.
How Much Mayonnaise Do I Add To A Cake Mix?
You will need ¾ cup of mayonnaise to substitute all the water in a typical cake mix. After reading the ingredients list, you will learn that you will add ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, ½ cup of sugar, 1½ cups oil (vegetable or olive), and 4 eggs.
How Much Sugar Should I Put In A Cake Recipe?
In most of the standard cake recipes served at American restaurants, around 2 tablespoons of sugar is recommended. You can use ½ cup instead if you wish.
Does Mayonnaise Taste Good In Cake?
Mayonnaise is a great alternative to water when baking your favorite cake since it makes the cake moist, increases the richness of the recipe, and helps stabilize the texture of your favorite dessert.
How To Make Vanilla Mayonnaise Cake Recipe From Scratch?
It is easy to prepare a vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe from scratch. All you need are the basic ingredients and a crock pot or a cake pan.
Scratch Vanilla Mayonnaise Cake Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1¼ cups self-rising flour (or 1¼ cups all-purpose flour with 4 teaspoons baking powder added)
How To Make The Scratch Vanilla Mayonnaise Cake Recipe?
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line the bottom and side of a rectangular cake pan with parchment paper
3. Beat together eggs, sugar, and oil in a large bowl until creamy
4. Add vanilla extract; beat well
5. Sift flour together with baking powder.
6. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until thoroughly combined.
7. Pour batter into pan and smooth top.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes clean.
9. Cool slightly on wire racks before serving.
You can enjoy your homemade vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe with your family at a tea or dinner party. It is also ideal for special occasions like birthdays, weddings, and parties.
Thank you for reading the article “Vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe.” I hope this article has given you insight into making a Vanilla mayonnaise cake recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share and like us on social media.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!