Introducing my all-time favorite carrot cake recipe – the exquisite creation of Edward Delling Williams carrot cake recipe. As an avid baker, I’ve meticulously refined this delightful carrot cake to bring you a truly delectable treat.
This recipe encapsulates the essence of homemade goodness, embodying the perfect balance of moistness and flavor. With every bite, you’ll experience the harmonious blend of freshly grated carrots, warm spices, and a hint of vanilla.
The secret to its impeccable texture lies in the careful combination of high-quality ingredients, each playing a crucial role in crafting a cake that’s both tender and indulgent.
Join me in uncovering the art of baking as we embark on the journey to create a carrot cake that’s nothing short of extraordinary.
Let’s dive into the world of baking where Edward’s carrot cake recipe takes the spotlight!
Why You’ll Love Edward Delling Williams Carrot Cake Recipe?
Indulge in the sheer delight of Edward Delling Williams’ Carrot Cake Recipe. Each slice is a masterpiece of flavor and texture.
The recipe’s unique blend of spices offers a warm embrace to your taste buds. The moistness of the cake, attributed to the generous use of carrots, guarantees a truly heavenly experience.
As I’ve experimented with this recipe countless times, I can assure you of its foolproof nature. The cream cheese frosting, a luscious crown for this creation, balances the sweetness perfectly.
Elevate your baking skills and savor the satisfaction of creating a cake that embodies both expertise and love. This recipe isn’t just a dessert; it’s a heartfelt journey.
How To Make Edward Delling Williams Carrot Cake Recipe?
Recipe Time and Yield
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: Approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes
Yield: One 9-inch round cake
- Mixing bowls
- Hand grater or food processor
- Electric mixer
- 9-inch round cake pan
- Cooling rack
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz (226g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
3. In another bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, and eggs until well combined.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
5. Stir in the grated carrots and vanilla extract until evenly distributed.
6. Divide the batter equally between the prepared cake pans and smooth the tops.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
8. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the cream cheese frosting:
1. For the cream cheese frosting, beat the softened cream cheese and butter together until smooth and creamy.
2. Gradually add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, while continuing to beat.
3. Mix in the vanilla extract until the frosting is smooth and well combined.
4. Once the cakes are completely cool, spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on top of one cake layer. Place the second cake layer on top and frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining cream cheese frosting.
5. You can optionally decorate the cake with chopped nuts, grated carrots, or any other desired toppings.
6. Slice and serve the delicious carrot cake!
Nutrition Facts per Serving
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 of the cake)
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 44g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 27g
- Protein: 4g
- Enjoy a slice of this carrot cake with a steaming cup of chai tea for a cozy afternoon treat.
- Elevate your dessert game by adding a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon on top.
Tips and Variations
- For an added crunch, toss a handful of chopped walnuts or pecans into the batter.
- Experiment with different spice blends, like a pinch of ground ginger or cloves, to create your signature twist.
- If you’re feeling creative, turn this into a layered cake by doubling the recipe and adding cream cheese frosting between the layers.
- Carrots provide a rich source of beta-carotene, promoting healthy vision and skin.
- Cinnamon offers potential anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Moderation is key, as this dessert should be enjoyed as an occasional treat due to its sugar content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend as a substitute for all-purpose flour.
How long does the cream cheese frosting hold up?
The cream cheese frosting can hold up well for a few days in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze the carrot cake?
Absolutely! Wrap individual slices tightly and store them in the freezer for up to three months.
Can I use honey instead of granulated sugar?
While honey can add a unique flavor, it might affect the texture and moisture of the cake. Adjust the recipe accordingly.
What makes Edward Delling Williams’ carrot cake special?
Edward’s cake stands out due to its perfectly balanced flavors, moist texture, and the love and expertise he infuses into every bite.
Edward Delling Williams’ carrot cake recipe is a true testament to the art of baking. With its intricate flavors and simple preparation, this carrot cake is a masterpiece that will grace any occasion with its presence.
Whether you’re an experienced baker or a novice in the kitchen, creating this cake will surely be a rewarding experience that yields a mouthwatering treat.
So, don your apron, gather your ingredients, and embark on a delightful journey of baking and indulgence.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!