The Nesquik chocolate cake recipe has chocolate in the cake and the icing. It’s a good recipe for kids to make without help from adults as long as they have 2 bowls, a hand mixer, and some other basic kitchen tools.
The Nesquik chocolate cake recipe is a foolproof recipe I got from my grandmother-in-law. It was handed down to her by her mother. I’ve been making it for years, and everyone who tries it raves about it.
This recipe makes a cake mix easy enough for kids to make without any help from adults. If your kids like cooking and baking, let them try it. Just ensure they have adult supervision the first few times they make it, just in case.
It’s a good recipe for kids because it requires only two bowls, some basic tools like a hand mixer, and ingredients you probably already have on hand in your kitchen.
This Nesquik chocolate cake recipe is also great for special occasions too. This Nesquik chocolate cake recipe makes two 9″ round layers or one 9″x13″ sheet cake.
How to make the Nesquik chocolate cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Whisk or Hand Mixer
- 9″x13 nonstick sheet cake pan or two 9″ round cake pans
- Mitten Oven mitt and Oven Thermometer
Ingredients for Nesquik chocolate cake recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) package Hershey’s chocolate fudge frosting
- Nesquik chocolate canister of milk powder (6.5 ounces)
Directions to make the Nesquik chocolate cake recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9″ round cake pans or one 9″x13″ nonstick sheet cake pan.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the sugar, eggs, and milk until well combined.
4. Mix in the oil and vanilla extract until combined.
5. Slowly add the sifted flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated.
6. In a small bowl, stir the Nesquik chocolate powder into 10 ounces of warm water to dissolve it completely before using it as directed in this recipe (see note below).
7. To fill the cake: Pour the batter evenly into one of the 9″ round cake pans or two 9″ round pans and bake for 45 minutes.
8. Cool the cake in its pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn it onto a wire rack to cool completely before you frost it as directed below.
9. To make the frosting: In a mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup Nesquik chocolate milk powder with 1/3 cup of the chocolate frosting. Add in the vanilla and mix until smooth.
10. To finish frosting the cake: Stir in the remaining frosting (1/2 cup) until smooth.
11. Frost the cake and enjoy!
NOTE: To dissolve the Nesquik chocolate powder, use 1/2 cup of warm water. Set the canister in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes or stir it into 1/2 cup of hot water.
This recipe will fill two 9″ round cake pans or one 9″x13″ nonstick sheet cake pan. Make sure you use nonstick pans to make this recipe because otherwise, the cake will stick to the pans, and you’ll have a real mess on your hands.
Nutrition Facts of Nesquik chocolate cake recipe
5 best variations of the Nesquik chocolate cake recipe
1. For a quick and easy alternative to the frosting, try a can of ready-to-spread chocolate icing instead.
2. For a dramatic presentation, fill and frost the cake in layers instead of just putting it on at once. You can do this by filling it with alternating layers of batter and frosting.
3. Add some jimmies or colored sprinkles to make your cake festive.
4. You can add chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the batter and the frosting, making the recipe more enjoyable and better tasting.
5. If you don’t like chocolate, you can use other flavors of Nesquik to make a cake that tastes like you’ve used another brand of Nesquik. I’ve also done this with flavors of strawberry, coconut, lemon, and fruit.
How to store the Nesquik chocolate cake recipe?
You can keep the Nesquik chocolate cake recipe covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months in airtight containers. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Is the Nesquik chocolate cake recipe healthy?
The Nesquik chocolate cake recipe is a decent healthy recipe. It does contain eggs and dairy, so children with special dietary needs should be aware of this.
Can I use Nesquik instead of cocoa powder for the cake?
You’d probably be better off using cocoa powder, but you can also use Nesquik chocolate syrup and Nesquik chocolate pudding.
You CAN substitute the cocoa powder and Nesquik for 1 cup of flour and 2 cups of milk in the recipe above, but if you do so, the result will not be a proper cake. It will more resemble a brownie.
Can you use normal Nesquik for hot chocolate?
You can use regular Nesquik chocolate powder in hot chocolate. It still contains the same calories but will have a more intense flavor than a regular chocolate mix.
What can I substitute for Nesquik?
You can substitute 1/3 cup of cocoa powder and 2/3 cup milk for 1 cup of Nesquik in this recipe. It will be a little more intense than normal, but it should work okay.
You could also use a mix of cocoa powder and fresh eggs instead.
Can I use skim milk in the Nesquik chocolate cake recipe?
You can use skim milk in this recipe. It will still be delicious, but it may be a little dry.
Is Nesquik good for you?
Nesquik is good for you because it contains minerals, vitamins, and nutrition in addition to the chocolate flavor. Chocolate is good for you because of the flavonoids that help keep your blood pressure healthy and prevent cancer, heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
Nesquik is a delicious chocolate drink powder that you can use to make a very easy and delicious chocolate cake. The best way to make this cake is by using the Nesquik chocolate cake recipe above. It’s simple, easy and tastes very good.
Using Nesquik for the mix will reduce calories compared to a normal cake recipe containing cocoa powder. The only downside is that it doesn’t contain as much protein and magnesium as cocoa powder.
I hope you enjoyed looking at this Nesquik chocolate cake with added Nesquik powder!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe for something yummy to eat, you might want to try this delicious Chocolate Cake recipe. It’s simple to make but also very delicious and tastes like homemade chocolate cake.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!