Rocky point clam cake recipe is a savory cake with a thin batter and clams. It’s prepared with dry bread crumbs and spices. I prefer this to the traditional breadcrumb-based clam chowder or soup.
This cake recipe is an easy way to enjoy clams. It’s great for a party appetizer. If you have leftover clam meat, use it to make this recipe.
This clam cake recipe makes a lot so that you can feed many party guests. It’s a versatile recipe that works well with various ingredients. You can use any ground meat and seafood or add your touches.
It’s important to use fresh clams for this recipe. Otherwise, the clam flavor will be too mild. Dried bread crumbs may not work well in this clam cake recipe because they absorb so much water.
How To Make A Rocky Point Clam Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Servings: 10 people
Ingredients For Rocky Point Clam Cake Recipe:
- 1 (1 pound) package of dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 lb potato, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cans minced clams, drained [7.5 ounces] [185 grams]
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted.
Directions To Make The Rocky Point Clam Cake Recipe:
1. Heat the oven to 400˚F / 200˚C.
2. Mix bread crumbs with parsley, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
3. Mix carrots and potatoes in a hot water bowl to soften them.
4. Cook onion in hot oil in a saucepan.
5. Add onion, ground red pepper, and garlic powder to breadcrumbs.
6. Add clam meat, butter, and ½ cup water to the breadcrumb mixture; stir until blended well and pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
7. Bake for 40 mins or till golden brown.
8. Let cool for 10 mins and serve.
Nutrition Facts Of Rocky Point Clam Cake Recipe
5 Amazing Servings Idea For Rocky Point Clam Cake Recipe
1. Serve with cocktail sauce, even ketchup.
2. Add to a club sandwich or tortilla wrap.
3. Add in soups and salads.
4. Serve as a side dish with any main course.
5. Add in bread slices for a satisfying sandwich filler or snack on its own.
Can You Freeze Clam Cakes?
Yep, you can! Just make sure to allow the clam cake to cool completely before you freeze it.
How Do You Heat Up Clam Cakes?
It is best to heat the clams to avoid having a tough texture. You can do this on the stovetop, pan, or microwave.
How Does The Rhode Island Clam Cake Recipe Taste?
A rocky point clam cake is a savory delight. The pastry is very tender, and the clams are very flavorful. The combination works perfectly together.
What’s The Difference Between A Clam Cake And A Clam Fritter?
It’s a matter of preference. Both are prepared with clams, and there is usually a bit of an overlap in the recipes.
Rocky point clam cake recipe is rather different from the traditional clam fritters. The cake ingredients make it an easier recipe to make than if you used chopped clams, for instance, rather than canned clams.
Clam cakes usually have a thicker batter, which can be made from various ingredients.
You can make clam fritters with canned, frozen, or fresh clams. Clam fritters are usually served as an appetizer or snack rather than as part of a meal.
Is The Rocky Point Clam Cake Recipe Good For Everybody?
Yes, this clam cake recipe is suitable for anyone. It’s a great appetizer at parties or when you have guests over.
This recipe is perfect for entertaining and serving at a party or barbecue. It’s also good as a side dish with main courses or salads.
To make a rocky point clam cake recipe, use fresh clams, not canned. Add any other ground meat and season the dish with your favorite spices to give it that extra kick.
The clam cake recipe is a delicious, tasty, and simple way to enjoy clams. It’s a good choice as an appetizer or a side dish.
Enjoy the rocky point clam cake recipe!
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!