I will share a simple recipe for Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style in this article. If you have bananas beginning to ripen on the counter and want a soft and spongy cake mix, this recipe is for you!
This banana cake recipe is famous in most Filipino homes. Making the cake on special occasions like May Day, Christmas, or New Year is common.
It is often considered a simple and very tasty cake recipe that can be whipped up in just one or two steps.
How To Make Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 5 minutes
Servings: 8 people
Ingredients For Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style:
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
Instructions For Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style:
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F, gas 4)
2. In a mixing bowl, add mashed bananas and eggs. Mix well with a spatula or spoon. Add the oil, sugar, vanilla, and evaporated milk. Stir well to combine all ingredients evenly against each other.
3. Add baking soda and baking powder. Mix again until everything is evenly mixed, and the mixture doesn’t appear lumpy anymore.
4. Add flour and stir gently until all the flour is absorbed into the mixture.
5. Pour batter into a well-greased tin pan and bake in the oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until you can insert a wooden pick into the center of the cake and it comes back clean. You can use a toothpick or thin knife if you don’t have a wooden pick.
6. Let cool completely before slicing and serving as desired.
Nutrition Facts Of Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style
Serving size 8 slices (slice thickness 1cm)
Best 5 Health Benefits Of Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style
1. Banana, a fruit with very high potassium, is known to help reduce blood pressure. A follow-up research publication revealed that people with hypertension (high blood pressure) who ate bananas as a snack felt their pressure reduced more than those on other snacks.
2. A banana is also rich in vitamin B6, an essential vitamin required by the body to maintain healthy red blood cells and the nervous system.
3. The banana contains phytochemicals, including a type of antioxidant called beta-carotene, known to prevent cancer and other diseases.
4. The high dietary fiber content in bananas may also lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases and age.
5. Bananas are also rich in potassium, which regulates blood pressure by constricting the blood vessels and helping to balance water levels in the body.
How To Serve Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style?
Banana cake is a nice dessert for people on a diet. It is also healthy and very tasty jam-packed with banana flavor. So you can serve the cake to your guests as a dessert or snack anytime.
Option 1: Serve the cake on its own, alone.
Option 2: Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or top with some honey or syrup.
Option 3: You can also serve with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
Option 4: Eat as is with a glass of milk or orange juice.
Option 5: Serve it for breakfast with a glass of milk or orange juice.
Is The Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style Good For Everybody?
This cake recipe is surely good for everybody, even the pickiest of eaters! It is easy to prepare and very tasty.
This banana cake recipe might be the perfect choice if you cook for small children or elders.
It is quick to make, and it contains no pastry or icing that can pose a choking hazard to kids.
This also makes an extremely tasty dessert for parties.
You can also serve this cake to your friends or your guests as a snack on the side of their coffee or tea.
What Are The Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style Side Effects?
Natural foods are normally considered safe to eat. But it is always best to speak with your family doctor regarding the possible risks in consuming this banana cake recipe if you are on a special diet or if you have a medical condition such as hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, and heart conditions.
What To Do With Leftover Banana Cake Recipe Filipino Style?
This is actually a very simple recipe. All you have to do is stir all the abovementioned ingredients in a mixing bowl and then bake until ready.
The leftover of this banana cake recipe can be stored for about 3 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them for later use if you wish.
This recipe is so delicious and fun to make with your family. Make sure that you have enough bananas for this recipe because you will love the outcome of this banana cake recipe!
This is a great snack with a cup of hot coffee or tea in the afternoon or evening.
It can also serve as a great dessert for family parties, especially those special occasions. Don’t forget to share it with your relatives, friends, and loved ones!