Vegan Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes are rich, decadent, and chocolatey. They are perfect for when you need a little something sweet but doesn’t want to feel guilty afterward! These cakes have a light coconut sugar taste that compliments the cocoa well.
This Mini Vegan Chocolate Bundt Cakes recipe is easy to make, vegan, and gluten-free. A small amount of coconut flour adds a slight sweetness to the cakes.
Making mini cakes is easier than making loaf cakes, and mini cakes are great for individual serving sizes.
I used plain powdered soy milk in this recipe (the stuff in the red can). I prefer it over regular or almond milk because you don’t have to worry about the soy milk being too watery or thinned out by the other ingredients in your recipe.
How to make Vegan Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Ingredients for vegan mini chocolate bundt cakes:
For the mini chocolate bundt cakes:
- 1½ cups (188 grams) of gluten-free baking flour
- ¾ cup (100 grams) of coconut sugar
- ¼ cup (25 grams) of unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml.) of canola oil (or melted coconut cream as an oil-free option)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml.) of distilled white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache:
- 8 ounces vegan chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 cup soy milk, full-fat coconut milk, or other milk
- 1 teaspoon refined coconut oil (optional)
Instructions for Vegan Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the cold water and oil. Whisk together until smooth, then add vinegar and vanilla extract.
3. Pour batter into paper liners, dividing evenly among 12 cups or muffin cups. Bake for 30-40 minutes until done.
4. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir in soy milk and coconut oil (if using). Pour into a lidded container and refrigerate to set.
*You can use full-fat coconut milk for all these steps, except for the steps related to making ganache. Use full-fat coconut milk for melting, as it will provide a more creamy and delicious filling.*
Instructions for Chocolate Ganache:
1. Place chocolate chips or chopped chocolate in a bowl. Warm the soy milk over a double boiler or in the microwave.
2. Pour soy milk into chocolate and stir until well combined.
3. Let cool, occasionally stirring, until ganache is set and easy to handle (room temperature). Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
How To Assemble Vegan Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes?
1. Remove mini bundts from the muffin pan and set them on a wire rack over paper towels or a cooling rack to cool completely.
2. Wipe muffin pan clean and ganache filling and place it into the refrigerator to set.
3. Turn the cooled mini bundt cakes upside down and dip each mini bundt into the chocolate ganache, turning once to coat completely.
4. Turn mini bundts right side up onto a serving plate or cake stand, then drizzle any extra chocolate sauce over top of each cake for decoration.
5. Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts of Vegan Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes
Serving Size: 1 Mini Bundt Cake
Best 5 Health Benefits of Vegan Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes
1. The rich source of antioxidant vitamins
2. Rich source of dietary fiber on a low-fat diet
3. Naturally low in sodium (due to no added salt)
4. High in protein and calcium
5. Gluten-free; Vegan (Vegan Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes).
How long will my Chocolate Vegan Bundt Cake stay fresh?
A chocolate vegan bundt cake will stay fresh for 2-3 days in the fridge. For longer storage, wrap the cakes individually in plastic wrap and freeze them. They will keep frozen for up to a year.
To remove bundt cakes from the freezer, thaw overnight at room temperature or warm up briefly in the microwave or oven (50-60 seconds). Then remove the paper liner before serving.
Are these cakes healthy?
These cakes are not healthy, but they are vegan and gluten-free. These cakes are rich in ingredients that we know reduce the risk of heart disease and other illnesses.
For example, they use coconut sugar, a naturally low-glycemic sugar (which doesn’t spike glucose levels quickly like a sugar cane/sucrose).
They also use soy milk as their liquid for baking instead of simple water. Other healthy ingredients include cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, and vanilla extract.
These Vegan Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes were a hit with my friends and family, and they are also great for parties. My daughter also loved not using eggs or dairy in this recipe, as in some of my other cake recipes!
Please let me know what you think of these Vegan Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!