Welcome to my blog post where I will be sharing with you an amazing recipe for Orange Valencia Cake.
Orange valencia cake recipe cake is a delicious and unique dessert that is perfect for any occasion. With its moist and citrusy flavor, it is sure to impress all of your guests.
Valencia oranges, which are known for their sweet and juicy flavor, are the star ingredient of this cake. Not only do they give the cake its signature taste, but they also add a vibrant and beautiful color that makes it a standout dessert on any table.
This cake is perfect for those who love citrus desserts, but it is also great for those who are looking for something a little different from the typical chocolate or vanilla cakes.
Plus, it is easy to make and can be enjoyed by everyone, including those who are gluten-free or dairy-free.
So, if you are ready to try something new and delicious, let’s get started with this Orange Valencia Cake recipe!
How to make a Valencia cake recipe?
Valencia cake is a delicious Spanish dessert that is made with oranges and almonds. Here is a recipe for making a traditional Valencia cake:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 medium-sized oranges
- 6 eggs
- 250g of sugar
- 250g of ground almonds
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan).
2. Place the oranges in a large saucepan and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the oranges cook for about 1 hour, or until they are soft and tender.
3. Drain the water from the saucepan and let the oranges cool.
4. Once the oranges have cooled, cut them into small pieces (removing any seeds and piths) and place them in a food processor. Pulse until the oranges are pureed.
5. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
6. Add the ground almonds, baking powder, and a pinch of salt to the bowl. Mix well.
7. Add the pureed oranges to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
8. Grease a 23cm cake tin with butter and line it with baking paper.
9. Pour the cake batter into the prepared tin and smooth out the top.
10. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
11. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
12. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
13. Once the cake has cooled, dust it with icing sugar and serve.
14. Enjoy your delicious Valencia cake!
Here are the approximate nutrition facts for a serving of Valencia Cake, based on the recipe provided:
Serving size: 1 slice (12 servings per cake)
- Calories: 374
- Total fat: 20.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Sodium: 56mg
- Total carbohydrate: 43.5g
- Dietary fiber: 3.5g
- Sugars: 39.5g
- Protein: 9.9g
Note: These nutrition facts are approximate and may vary depending on the exact ingredients used and the serving size.
Best 5 Health Benefits of Valencia cake recipe
1. A source of Vitamin A:
Vitamin A is important for vision and a healthy immune system, as it is needed to make the body’s natural defense mechanism.
2. A source of Vitamin C:
Vitamin C is an antioxidant and is also necessary to maintain healthy skin, teeth, and gums and strengthen bones.
3. Contains potassium:
Potassium helps lower blood pressure, reducing the risk of stroke and heart disease.
4. Contains fiber:
Fiber binds to cholesterol, preventing it from being absorbed into the bloodstream, where it could cause heart disease.
5. Healthy fat:
When used in baking, canola oil is a healthier alternative to butter and a good source of omega-3s – a type of healthy fat essential for heart health and lower ‘bad’ (LDL) cholesterol levels.
Can I Freeze the Valencia cake recipe?
You can freeze homemade cakes, but it is best to freeze them in portions or slices. Before putting it into the freezer, you can also wrap your cake tightly in foil or plastic wrap, then in a layer of wax paper. This prevents it from drying out and getting freezer burn.
Do I have to use raw eggs in the Valencia cake recipe?
Yes. The best way to avoid salmonella poisoning is to use raw eggs that are properly stored and refrigerated (never on the counter) and properly cracked before using them in the cake recipe.
What kind of cake is Valencia?
It is called a sponge cake because it mixes flour, eggs, butter, and milk. It is also known as gâteau a l’orange because the top is usually coated with orange marmalade or jam.
Is Valencia cake Puerto Rican?
Yes. Gâteau à l’orange is a Puerto Rican cake with orange juice and zest instead of the usual lemon or lime.
Is Valencia cake popular in Spain?
Yes, it is. Valencia and Gâteau á l’Orange are popular in Spain and France, but the original recipe was created in France in the 18th century.
In conclusion, Orange Valencia Cake is a delicious and easy-to-make Spanish dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This cake is unique in that it incorporates the flavors of fresh oranges and ground almonds to create a light, moist, and flavorful cake that is sure to impress.
With its rich and decadent taste, Valencia Cake is a perfect treat for those who love the combination of citrus and nutty flavors in their desserts.
Whether you are hosting a special event or simply want to enjoy a delicious dessert, Orange Valencia Cake is definitely worth trying. So, why not give this recipe a go and indulge in the flavors of Spain today!
I hope you found the Valencia cake recipe useful and will give it a go. If you do try the recipe, please feel free to leave a comment for me below. I’d love to know your thoughts about it!
If you have any questions about the method or ingredients of this cake, please ask in the comments section below before beginning baking, and I’ll be happy to help.