Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe is a fantastic dessert, which tastes just like a cake you would get from any other baking store. The only difference? It’s much, much cheaper.
Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe is also really easy to make and really hard to mess up too.
This recipe has the most delicious bourbon flavor, making your dining table taste like Heaven.
The cake is baked in a long rectangular pan, which makes it easy to slice into squares or rectangles.
A little bit of cream cheese, some garlic and almonds, and a few eggs are mixed into the batter before being poured over the top of a ready-made mix. It is then baked until coming out firm with an insatiable bourbon flavor.
How to make Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe?
Preparation Time: 15min
Bake Time: 20min
- 1 (9×13) box Trader Joe’s Bourbon Cake Mix (the original flavor)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar for the pan (optional)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and grease a 13×9-inch baking pan. Please ensure you spray it well with non-stick spray for easy cake removal. Mix the dry cake mix, butter, and 1 cup of water in a large bowl until combined.
2. Add the eggs 1 at a time and mix in completely before adding the next, then sift in 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla and fold in until combined.
3. Pour the batter into your baking pan, sprinkle with 1 tbsp granulated sugar, and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown (mine baked for 22 minutes).
4. To make the topping, mix 2 tbsp melted butter, 3 tbsp powdered sugar, 1/4 cup bourbon (I used Jim Beam), 1 tsp minced garlic, and a handful of sliced almonds.
You can mix it all together in a small bowl or just randomly place the sliced almonds on top of the cake and drizzle everything else over the top.
5. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts of Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe
5 Best Health Benefits of Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe
1. Improves the heart health
The bourbon cake mix recipe is low in saturated fats and sodium but high in dietary fiber, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.
2. Builds strong bones
The bourbon cake mix recipe is a great source of calcium, preventing osteoporosis and maintaining healthy teeth and bones.
3. Prevents Cancer
Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe contains a lot of antioxidants and phytochemicals that prevent cancerous cells from growing in our bodies.
4. Improves the eye health
Brazil nuts, which are high in selenium, can reduce the risk of cataracts, macular degeneration, or other retina degenerative diseases.
5. Promotes healthy skin
The bourbon cake mix recipe contains several nutrients that make our skin smooth and soft, including Vitamin E, zinc, niacin, Vitamin B6, and selenium.
Can I Freeze Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe?
This recipe freezes well. It tastes even better when frozen. Just thaw the cake overnight and dust it with powdered sugar before serving.
1. The original flavor of the cake mix will give you the most intense bourbon flavor and taste. You can use flavors like yellow or chocolate instead of the original flavor. Don’t use banana or red velvet, or you will overwhelm this recipe with an extra-strong artificial taste.
2. I recommend using a cake pan at least 18 inches by 13 inches, so the size of the cake will be easier to cut into squares or rectangles. If your pan isn’t big enough, you may need to bake it a little longer and check on it more often.
3. Even though I recommend using powdered sugar over all-purpose flour, I don’t know why.
4. Try to get a box that says “for cake” instead of other flavors like “frosting” or “mixes.” I recommend the original flavor of the cake mix because it tastes the best.
5. This recipe is best if you use a non-stick 9×13 inch pan because it’s easy to remove the soggy cake when it’s done and put the pan in the freezer for later use.
Is the Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe good for everybody?
Yes, this recipe is suitable for most people, especially if you can follow a low-sodium diet. Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe is low in fat and cholesterol, so people with high cholesterol should try to avoid this recipe.
Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe is also not suitable for people with diabetes, hypoglycemia, or anyone who experiences any side effects while eating this food.
Can the Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe be frozen?
Most yes, this recipe can be frozen. Just wrap it up tightly and store it in your freezer. You can defrost it overnight before eating.
Trader joe’s bourbon cake mix recipe is one of my family’s favorite desserts to make and eat. I always make sure that I keep a box at home because everyone loves this dessert.
The cake is really soft and moist, and the bourbon flavor isn’t too strong, even though it has a lot of bourbon mixed in the batter.
If you are looking for an inexpensive dessert that tastes great, try this recipe out! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends and family. Thanks for reading my blog!
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!