St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe is A super moist cake made with peanut butter, cinnamon, and chocolate.
This is a delicious coffee cake that’s perfect for breakfast or dessert. This cake can be eaten by itself with a cup of coffee.
Peanut butter is one of the most well-loved spreads, friends, and no one can resist delicious chocolate.
These two ingredients become even more delicious when combined with cinnamon sugar to make the batter for this coffee cake.
It’s moist, spongy, loaded with peanut butter flavor, and topped with chocolate frosting.
This is a great dessert or breakfast cake you will make again and again because it’s so easy to make! Make this St. Louis peanut coffee cake in the morning and eat it all day.
How to make a St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Resting Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield (serving): 6-8
Ingredients for St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe:
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Butter (melted) – 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Chocolate Chips (melted) – 3 Tbsp (optional)
- Milk or Heavy Cream- 1 cup
- Oil or Vegetable Oil- 2 Tbsp (for greasing the pan)
Method for St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe:
1. Grease and flour an 8×11-inch baking pan. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
2. Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine melted butter and sugar and add peanut butter to form a smooth mixture, then add the vanilla essence and mix well again to form a smooth texture.
4. Add the milk or heavy cream to the mixture and whisk well until it turns smooth.
5. Add dry ingredients and melted chocolate chips and stir well to form a smooth batter.
6. Pour in the prepared baking pan, smooth the top and bake for 20-25 minutes or until you see that it is springy when touched but not browned at all.
It will still be slightly undercooked while holding the spoon and was just cooked through when you let go of it.
7. Remove from the oven and serve.
Nutrition Facts of St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe
Note: This is just a rough estimate of the nutritional values. It can vary depending on the ingredients used.
The exact number depends on how you prepare this recipe and if you use low-fat or whole milk, but the numbers can be used as a guideline.
5 Amazing Serving Ideas for St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe
1. You may slice this cake in a rectangular shape and then top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle it with hot fudge sauce.
2. You can also serve this St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe as a snack with a cup of cold milk or hot chocolate during your tea time.
3. Serve after topping it with whipped cream and drizzle some chocolate syrup on top! Yummy!!!
4. This cake can also be served with vanilla ice cream and syrup for breakfast. The cake is light and fluffy, combining the moist texture of a coffee cake with the flavors of chocolate, vanilla, and peanut butter.
5. Topped this St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe with whipped cream and drizzled it with hot fudge sauce before serving so the sweetness will go well with the chocolate sauce.
Can I Freeze the St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe?
You can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Separate the portions with foil and store them in the refrigerator for up to a week before you want to enjoy them.
This is a perfect recipe for the peanut butter lovers out there. The cake is moist, tasty, and loaded with peanut butter. The addition of chocolate chips will make this cake even more delicious. Try it and tell me what you think about it!
I hope you all enjoyed the St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe, and I hope this helped you make this fabulous recipe at home! 🙂
If you like the post, please share it with your friends and family.
Frequently Asked Questions on St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe
How long does baking take?
A baking time of 20-25 minutes is enough for a freshly baked cake. However, if you bake this St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe in an air-tight pan, it will be ready within 10-12 minutes of baking time.
Do I need to grease the pan or not?
Yes, it would help if you grease the pan before pouring the batter.
How can I make this recipe lighter?
To make it lighter, you can use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour, and some of the sugar can be replaced by brown sugar and white sugar.
Can I change the type of chocolate chips I use?
Yes, you can use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
Is this recipe Gluten-Free?
Yes, it is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free flour.
Does the St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe contain eggs?
No, this recipe does not contain eggs because it may break the egg membrane and will make the cake gummy.
Can I make this recipe for kids?
Yes, if you like to bake with your kids, you may try baking this St. Louis peanut coffee cake recipe for them. Kids will love it!
How can I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?
You can grease the pan before pouring in the batter and, using parchment paper, cut around the pan and some flour on top of dry ingredients when blending them to prevent sticking.