The Ruth Chris crab cake recipe is one of the most popular dishes on Ruth’s Chris menu.
If you’re a fan of seafood, chances are you’ve tried a crab cake at some point in your life. But not all crab cakes are created equal, and there’s one recipe that stands out among the rest: Ruth’s Chris Crab Cake.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House has been serving up some of the finest cuisine since 1965, and their crab cake recipe is no exception.
Made with fresh lump crab meat and a special blend of herbs and spices, these crab cakes are crispy on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside.
In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the ingredients and cooking process that make Ruth’s Chris Crab Cakes so irresistible.
How to make Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe?
Here’s the recipe for Ruth’s Chris Crab Cakes:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any shells
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the crabmeat, red bell pepper, yellow onion, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
3. Gently fold in the panko breadcrumbs, being careful not to overmix.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty about 3 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick.
5. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted and is sizzling, add the crab cakes to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
6. Transfer the crab cakes to a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until they’re heated through and cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
7. Serve the crab cakes hot with lemon wedges and chopped parsley for garnish. Enjoy!
Here are the approximate nutrition facts for one Ruth’s Chris Crab Cake:
- Calories: 240
- Total fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Sodium: 840mg
- Total carbohydrate: 10g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 20g
Note that these nutrition facts are approximate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and preparation methods used.
Additionally, these crab cakes are often served with additional sauces or side dishes, which can affect the overall nutritional content of the meal.
How To Serve Ruth’s Chris Crab?
Ruth’s Chris Crab Cakes can be served in a variety of ways depending on your preference. Here are a few suggestions:
1. As an appetizer: Serve the crab cakes with a side of remoulade sauce or a simple lemon wedge for guests to squeeze over the top.
2. As a sandwich: Place the crab cake on a soft bun or roll with lettuce, tomato, and a drizzle of your favorite sauce, such as tartar or aioli.
3. As a salad: Top a bed of mixed greens with a warm crab cake and a light dressing, such as a vinaigrette or citrus-based dressing.
4. With a side dish: Ruth’s Chris Steak House suggests pairing the crab cakes with their famous Sweet Potato Casserole and Creamed Spinach for a complete meal.
No matter how you choose to serve them, Ruth’s Chris Crab Cakes are sure to be a hit with seafood lovers and foodies alike.
Can I Freeze Ruth Chris’s crab cake recipe?
You can freeze these cakes for up to six months to keep this cookbook on hand for later. You might only notice that the crusts harden over time and turn into slightly hard-to-eat cake portions.
Is Ruth Chris crab cake recipe good for everybody?
This dish is healthy for most people and can be a good meal for anyone who does not have a food allergy to crab meat or fish. People with a shellfish allergy should avoid eating this recipe.
Does Ruth chris crab cake recipe have any side effects?
This dish is healthy and tasty as long as you know what you’re putting into your body.
That means you should know exactly what’s in your meal before eating it. Do not eat this dish if you are allergic to fish or seafood or are pregnant.
In conclusion, Ruth’s Chris Crab Cake Recipe is a true standout among seafood lovers. Made with fresh, high-quality ingredients and a blend of flavorful herbs and spices, these crab cakes are a delicious addition to any meal.
Whether served as an appetizer, sandwich, salad, or main course, they are sure to impress with their crispy exterior and moist, flavorful interior. While lump crab is the ideal choice for this recipe, substitutes such as claw meat or backfin crab meat can also work well.
With this recipe in hand, you can now recreate the famous Ruth’s Chris Crab Cakes in your own kitchen and enjoy a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own home.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Ruth chris crab cake recipe. For more details on recipes, please comment below!