The pork cake recipe is an easy and delicious recipe that uses your favorite pork chops. It’s an Asian-inspired dish topped with sweet and salty elements such as sesame seeds and soy sauce. Pork cakes are a great appetizer for a party or just to prepare for dinner as they are very quick to make!
This recipe is super versatile, so use whatever you have on hand. You can substitute pork meat with pork chops or get creative with other cuts of meat.
This recipe makes enough pork cakes for 4-8 people. You can also make it in advance and keep it stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze it until you’re ready to serve.
How to make a Pork cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 10-12 servings
- 1 1/2 lb. ground fat pork,
- 3 cups boiling water,
- 3 cups sugar,
- 2 cups molasses,
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon,
- 1 Tbsp. cloves,
- 1 Tbsp. salt,
- 1 Tbsp. soda dissolved in water,
- 1 lb. raisins,
- 1 lb. currants,
- 1/4 cup citron,
- 1/2 cup candied cherries,
- 1 1/2 cup nuts,
- 8 cups flour (put 2 on fruit and nuts)
Step 1: Place the fat pork into a bowl and mix with boiling water. You can also add sausage (optional).
Step 2: Put water, sugar, molasses, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and soda into a saucepan. Heat to boiling point. Stir in fruit and nuts.
Step 3: Mix flour into the pork mixture until you have a stiff dough.
Step 4: Roll out on floured board until about ¼ inch thick. Cut into shapes with a biscuit cutter and place on greased cookie sheet.
Step 5: Bake at 375ºF (190º C) for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
These little cakes are crispy, sweet, and savory at the same time. They are great to serve as an appetizer or as a snack. You can also eat them with a cup of coffee or tea, but they are not too sweet to serve as dessert.
Nutrition Facts of Pork cake recipe
|Calories from fat||27.2|
Best 7 Health Benefits of Pork cake recipe
1. It is a great source of protein – A pork cake contains up to 10 grams of protein, roughly the same amount found in 8 eggs!
2. Pork cakes are a great snack as they are filling and healthy.
3. Pork cakes replenish iron in your body, as they contain iron and zinc, which help build tissue cells and make hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying component of blood.
4. Pork cakes help keep your blood cholesterol levels in check as they help regulate blood sugar levels and prevent insulin spikes.
5. Pork cakes are good for your heart since they contain a high amount of fiber, which helps lower the cholesterol level in the body.
6. Pork cakes show positive effects on lowering blood pressure and reducing the risk of stroke by improving circulation and regulating cholesterol levels in the body!
7. Pork cakes are to be consumed by people with type 2 diabetes, as they lower the blood glucose levels and allow one to feel full for long periods without overheating.
Can I Freeze Pork Cake Recipe?
Definitely! To freeze pork cakes, follow the same process as you do to cook them but instead of baking, allow them to cool completely and place them in a freezer bag. To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Is the pork cake recipe good for everybody?
Pork cakes have some gluten in them, so they are not suitable for individuals following a gluten-free diet. However, pork cakes are ideal for everyone else.
Can I substitute any ingredient from the pork cake recipe?
Making variations to this recipe is highly encouraged, as you can use your own ingredients and adjust the recipe to your liking!
For instance, if you want something a little spicier, throw in some crushed red pepper or jalapeno peppers. If you want something sweeter, add some dried cranberries or raisins and your favorite toppings.
Since pork cakes tend to be a bit wet, you can make small balls with the dough and then flatten them on a cookie sheet. This way, you don’t have to worry about them being too fragile when frying or baking.
What is the most important lesson to be learned from this recipe?
This recipe can be a great way to use up all kinds of pork cuts that may have been sitting in the fridge. It is a perfect complement to any meal, whether you are going out for dinner or just want an easy and delicious snack. An easy dish to make at any time, you won’t have to worry about being stuck with leftovers anymore!
Pork cakes are great as an appetizer or a light main dish. They are versatile and can be easily adjusted to suit your preferences and ingredients. They are also a healthy, protein-rich snack that is perfect for any occasion. When paired with some sweet and sour sauce, they will bring a delicious taste to your palate!
I hope this recipe was helpful and that you enjoyed it! Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions, and I’ll be happy to help.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!