Peter Paul mounds cake recipe is a chocolate cake recipe that has been turned into the popular mounds bar with semi-sweet chocolate, coconut, and pecan.
You can make this cake as small or as big as you like. Also, you can use a dozen- or two 9 inch round pans and a 12-inch one.
Welcome to this delightful recipe guide on how to make Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe! If you’re a famous Peter Paul Mounds candy bar fan, you’re in for a treat.
In this article, I will take you through the step-by-step process of creating a mouthwatering cake that captures the beloved candy’s flavors.
With its rich chocolate and coconut combination, the Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe is perfect for special occasions or whenever you crave a delectable dessert.
So let’s dive in and explore this heavenly creation!
How to make Peter paul mounds cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Cooking Method: Oven baking
The Ingredients of Peter paul mounds cake
Gather the following ingredients to embark on your baking adventure:
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For the Coconut Filling:
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
For the Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional shredded coconut for garnish
Ensure you have all the ingredients at hand before starting to ensure a smooth and enjoyable baking process.
Step 1: Preparing the Cake Batter
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
3. Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes until the batter is smooth.
4. Stir in the boiling water gradually. The batter will be thin, but this is what gives the cake its moist texture.
5. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
Step 2: Baking the Cake
1. Place the cake pans in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
2. Once baked, remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the cakes to a wire rack and let them cool completely before assembling the cake.
Step 3: Creating the Coconut Filling
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut. Mix well until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the coconut filling until it thickens slightly, usually for about 15-20 minutes.
Step 4: Assembling the Cake Layers
1. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread the coconut filling evenly over the top.
2. Carefully place the second cake layer on top of the filling, ensuring it is aligned with the bottom layer.
Step 5: Frosting the Cake
1. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Frost the entire cake with the whipped cream frosting. Ensure the sides and top are evenly covered.
2. Sprinkle additional shredded coconut on top of the cake for garnish, gently pressing it into the frosting.
Step 6: Adding the Final Touches
To make your Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe even more visually appealing, you can garnish it with chocolate shavings or drizzle melted chocolate on top.
Get creative and add a few extra shreds of coconut if desired. The possibilities are endless!
Step 7: Serving and Enjoying
Once your Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe is fully prepared, it’s time to savor the fruits of your labor. Slice the cake into generous portions and serve it with a smile.
This indulgent treat is perfect for sharing with friends and family or for satisfying your own sweet cravings.
Pair it with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a glass of cold milk for the ultimate dessert experience.
Nutrition Facts of Peter paul mounds cake recipe
Certainly! Here are the approximate nutrition facts for the Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe:
Serving Size: 1 slice of cake (assuming the cake is divided into 12 equal slices)
|Total dietary fiber||3g|
Please note that these values are approximate and may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used in the recipe.
It’s always a good idea to refer to the nutrition information on your products for a more accurate calculation.
Can I Freeze Peter paul mounds cake recipe?
Yes, you can. The recipe for this mounds cake is very nice to keep and enjoy any time of the year. You can make the large cake and then cut it into pieces to be frozen.
Or, you can freeze the individual small bars if you do not want to get more than one cake out of this recipe.
Is Peter paul mounds cake recipe good for everybody?
Yes! This chocolate cake recipe is great for people of all ages. It is also perfect for small and large parties with family, friends, or coworkers. You can add chocolate chips or nuts to the batter if you like.
Can I use a different type of chocolate for the cake?
Absolutely! While the recipe calls for unsweetened cocoa powder, you can experiment with different types of chocolate to suit your taste preferences. Just remember to adjust the sweetness accordingly.
How long does it take for the cake to cool before adding the coconut filling?
It’s best to let the cake cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. Once completely cooled, you can proceed with adding the coconut filling.
Can I make the coconut filling in advance?
Yes, you can make the coconut filling ahead of time. Simply cover the bowl and refrigerate it until you’re ready to assemble the cake.
What can I substitute for coconut milk in the recipe?
If you don’t have coconut milk on hand, you can use regular milk as a substitute. However, keep in mind that it will alter the flavor profile slightly.
Can I use desiccated coconut instead of shredded coconut?
Yes, you can use desiccated coconut as a substitute for shredded coconut. Just ensure the texture is to your liking.
How long can the Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe be stored?
The cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Ensure it is properly covered to maintain its freshness.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully learned how to make Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe from scratch. This delightful dessert will impress your taste buds with its rich chocolate cake, luscious coconut filling, and creamy whipped cream frosting.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply craving something sweet, this cake will surely delight everyone who takes a bite.
So put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and indulge in the irresistible flavors of the Peter Paul Mounds Cake Recipe!
I hope this recipe is helpful to you! Enjoy! Thanks for reading Peter Paul’s mounds cake recipe.
Do you have a comment about this recipe? Are you finding it difficult to make this recipe? Do you have any ideas to make this recipe helpful? Please share your thoughts with us.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!