Peter paul mounds cake recipe is a chocolate cake recipe that has been turned into the popular mounds bar with semi-sweet chocolate, coconut, and pecan.
You can make this cake as small or as big as you like. Also, you can use a dozen- or two 9 inch round pans and a 12-inch one.
This cake recipe has been known not just as mounds bar but also as turtles. However, people have recognized it as Peter paul mounds in the past few years. When the chocolate cake is baked, it rises and produces a mound, which people have named it after.
The cake recipe for this mounds bar was written in a newspaper article in 1941 by Peter paul miller. He was a professional baker and the founder of peter paul’s candy company.
How to make Peter paul mounds cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Cooking Method: Oven baking
The Ingredients of Peter paul mounds cake recipe:
- 1 (14 ounces) package coconut, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 Deep chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or
- 2/3 c vegetable oil, mixed with 4 large eggs
- vanilla extract (pure)
- Salt to taste
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit(175 degrees Celsius). Grease a 13×9 pan well with oven-proof cooking spray.
Step 2: Combine the shredded coconut, milk, and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Step 3: In another medium bowl, combine the chocolate cake mix, butter, and eggs. Add the coconut mixture and vanilla extract. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
Step 4: Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
Step 5: Let the mound’s bar rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting to keep it cool. Cut into 1-inch bars or 2-inch rounds so you can serve them up to your guests, who have come to taste it any way you like.
Nutrition Facts of Peter paul mounds cake recipe
|Total dietary fiber||0.8g|
5 Amazing Serving Ideas for Peter paul mounds cake recipe
1. Bake a cake using this mounds bar recipe and keep it in the freezer until you are ready to serve it. The entire cake will then be frozen and ready to be served immediately on a plate with whipped cream or ice cream.
2. You can also make small round cakes and then wrap them up with a special paper that has been printed with the mounds bar design. Tie a ribbon around the package for an added touch of beauty.
3. You can also create a small cake of mounds bar that children can enjoy.
4. The Peter paul mounds recipe is also great for the holidays. You can prepare mini bars for Thanksgiving and Christmas, which are very tasty desserts that guests will enjoy during the holiday season
5. This mounds bar cake recipe is great for a summer get-together or party. Barbeques are very popular this time of the year, so people often look for something sweet to end their meal on a high note.
Can I Freeze Peter paul mounds cake recipe?
Yes, you can. The recipe for this mounds cake is very nice to keep and enjoy any time of the year. You can make the large cake and then cut it into pieces to be frozen. Or, you can freeze the individual small bars if you do not want to get more than one cake out of this recipe.
Is Peter paul mounds cake recipe good for everybody?
Yes! This chocolate cake recipe is great for people of all ages. It is also perfect for small and large parties with family, friends, or coworkers. You can add chocolate chips or nuts to the batter if you like.
The peter paul mounds recipe is a great way to enjoy chocolate cake. It is not just for mounds bars but also for other recipes that call for a chocolate cake base. Everyone in your family will surely love this recipe.
I hope this recipe is helpful to you! Enjoy! Thanks for reading Peter paul’s mounds cake recipe.
Do you have a comment about this recipe? Are you finding it difficult to make this recipe? Do you have any ideas to make this recipe helpful? Please share your thoughts with us.