Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe is a rich, moist chocolate cake. It will be sure to satisfy nearly everyone’s craving for chocolate.
This recipe starts with a basic yellow cake mix that you can buy anywhere in the grocery store and then fill with some delicious ingredients to make it extra special. Think of it as an improved version of your standard chocolate cake recipe because the taste is much more nuanced.
You’ll find chocolate cake recipes with different ingredients, but none that are as delicious and easy to prepare as this one.
This chocolate cake is a perfect candidate for those special occasions when there are only a few people in your family, or only the people you care about will be present. It’s also perfect when you have guests who aren’t as familiar with chocolate cake as you are and don’t know what they’re missing out on.
How to make Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Bake Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 9
Ingredients for Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (15.25 oz)
- 1 (3.4 oz) package of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips (12 oz) OR 1 large bar of bittersweet chocolate, chopped into large pieces
Directions for Patti Labelle’s Chocolate Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
2. Prepare the chocolate cake batter according to the directions on the cake mix box and let it stand while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 cup vegetable oil, 4 large eggs, and 2 cups mini-chocolate chips.
4. In another medium bowl, combine 1 (3.4 oz) package of instant chocolate pudding mix and 1/2 cup of sugar with an electric mixer until blended well.
5. Pour the chocolate chips and egg mixture into the cake batter until combined. Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared pan.
6. Pour the chocolate pudding mixture over the top of the cake batter with spoonfuls and use a knife to swirl from within to achieve an interesting pattern.
7. Bake for 35 minutes in a 350º F oven or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean from each layer.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
9. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts of Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe
Serving Size: 1 slice
Best 5 Health Benefits of Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe
1. Chocolate cake is also a healthy dessert that is low in sodium, cholesterol, and calories.
2. Chocolate cake’s decadent taste is good for your heart and digestive system.
3. Chocolate cake’s warm deliciousness makes it one of the best simple dessert options when it gets hot outside or when you’re just craving something sweet to eat rather than a sweet snack or dessert.
4. Chocolate cake also improves your mood.
5. There have been many studies on the health benefits of eating chocolate, from its ability to improve mood, increase energy levels, lower blood pressure and bring down cholesterol levels to its beneficial effects on heart health.
Can I Freeze Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe?
Yes, you can freeze Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe, but it tastes so good that you probably won’t want to!
Freezing the cake before you bake it is the best way to go. You can freeze it for up to three months without significant quality loss. When ready to serve the cake, thaw it in the fridge for about 24 hours. Then, bake at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes and serve warm or cool.
How can I enhance Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe?
One of the easiest ways to add some extra flare or kick to this recipe is by adding something healthy and delicious to your frosting. Try dipping the top of your cake in coarse sea salt or chopped nuts. You can add spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to compliment this cake’s chocolate flavors.
We hope you enjoyed reading the Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe article and found it useful. Patti Labelle chocolate cake recipe will be added to our collection of Cake Mix Recipes.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to write a comment.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!