Millennium falcon cake recipe is a dessert that is made with chocolate cake and a layer of mousse cheese. It can be served as a stand-alone dessert or as an addition to a millefeuille.
The Millennium falcon cake recipe uses dark chocolate cake and vanilla buttercream frosting to make layers. It uses mousse cheese to make the top layer.
The Millennium falcon cake recipe is renowned for its attractive appearance and sweet taste. It is usually served as a stand-alone dessert. However, it can also be used as an addition to a millefeuille
Millennium falcon cake recipe has been featured in many cookbooks, perhaps the most notable one being Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
How to Prepare Millennium falcon cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for Millennium falcon cake recipe
- 22 ounces of dark chocolate cake mix
- 16 ounces of unsalted butter,
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted with baking powder and salt
- softened 1 tablespoon of hazelnut liqueur
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of whole milk
- ¼ cup of water
- 12 ounces of cream cheese,
- softened 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 egg whites.
Millennium falcon cake recipe Instructions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 9-inch round cake pans with butter and flour.
2. Whisk together the cake mix, hazelnut liqueur, softened cream cheese, eggs, water, and milk in a medium-sized bowl. Pour the batter into each prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until done. Cool completely before frosting.
3. To prepare mousse – In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites with a half-cup of water until foamy.
4. In a double boiler, heat the chocolate until melted. Whisk in the egg whites and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Cool before spreading on top of the cakes.
5. To prepare to frost – In a large bowl, cream together softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
6. Spread on top of the mousse, and garnish with hazelnut pieces.
7. Optional – decorate the cake before serving with chocolate sprinkles.
Nutrition Facts of Millennium falcon cake recipe
- Calories: 2500
- Carbohydrates: 400 g
- Proteins: 12 g
- Fats: 126 g
- Cholesterol: 240 mg
- Sodium: 1422 mg.
6 Amazing Servings Idea for Millennium falcon cake recipe
1. Serve the cake chilled with a slice of brie cheese and cherry tomatoes.
2. Top it off with another layer of chocolate ganache and garnish with fresh mint leaves for an amazing treat for St. Patrick’s Day
4. Serve hot after warming in the microwave for 20 seconds or so with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup to make it the most decadent dessert bowl ever
5. Add it to a millefeuille, which is a pastry made by layering many thin sheets of puff pastry with cream
6. Add it to the top of cupcakes and throw them on a red plaid tablecloth to serve at a cabin in the woods themed party
Why use the Millennium falcon cake recipe?
Millennium falcon cake recipe can be used to make a flavorful cheesecake that is rich, sweet, and creamy. It makes the perfect treat for birthdays and special occasions like Valentine’s Day and can also be used in millefeuille. Due to its dark chocolate flavor, it is a great choice for adult parties or as a snack.
Does this recipe contain nuts?
This recipe does not contain nuts. However, you can make your own modifications by adding nuts to the recipe.
Is this recipe suitable for diabetics?
It is not recommended that people with diabetes use this recipe as it contains too much sugar.
The Millennium falcon cake recipe is excellent for those who prefer rich and sweet treats. If you like cheesecake, this is the perfect recipe for you. However, if your preference is a millefeuille, you should try to make another recipe because this one contains too much sugar. This recipe contains dark chocolate and baking powder, so it has a high sugar content (if sugar concerns you). All-purpose flour also adds to its high sugar content as well.
I hope you found this recipe useful. If you would like to make healthy changes to it by substituting the sugar, flour, or cream cheese for low-fat versions, then you can do so. Make sure that your swap does not affect the taste of the dish. You can still use it as a dessert if you do not add sugar and swap out flour with whole wheat flour.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!