Mama pound cake recipe is a sweet and light dessert that can be whipped up in a jiffy. The moist, pound cake-like texture is achieved by soaking the cake with a simple syrup mixture.
Once the dripping syrup soaks into the cake, it’s almost like eating warm dough for breakfast, and it’s heavenly with hot coffee on a gloomy day.
The recipe starts with creaming butter, sugar, and eggs until they’re fluffy.
Mama pound cake is not a moist and delicate affair. Rather it is an incredibly rich and dense spice cake that gets its elasticity from eggs and butter rather than liquid oils or creams. It is simply delectable and incredible.
The method of soaking the cake with a simple syrup after baking helps keep the cake fresh for several days, but you’ll want to serve it right out of the oven.
How to prepare a Mama pound cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 50 minutes
Ingredients for Mama pound cake recipe:
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 100g vegetable fat
- 600g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups plus more for all-purpose pan flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 lb (2 sticks) plus more for pan butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions for Mama pound cake recipe:
1. Preheat a loaf pan, butter, and flour it.
2. Preheat an oven to 180-200 degrees Celsius / 356-400 degrees Fahrenheit and let the oven heat up.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and sift them once or twice to mix them evenly. Place the fat, sugar, and eggs in another bowl and whisk them until they’re uniform in color and completely combined (you should see no sugar crystals after whisking).
4. Add the fat-egg mixture and milk to the flour mixture and stir quickly until they’re combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake it for 90 minutes or until a cake tester comes out cleanly in an indentation and the cake is not too soft or too firm in the center.
6. Cool the cake completely before removing it from the pan and serve it with black coffee or tea, if you like.
Nutrition Facts of Mama pound cake recipe
Amount per serving: 161
|Saturated fat||32 g|
|Cholesterol||164 mg (62%)|
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Mama pound cake recipe
1. Boost Your Energy:
The best thing about this cake is that it’s not just delicious, but also healthy! The protein content in this cake makes it an excellent source of energy that can keep you going throughout the day.
2. Strengthen Your Bones:
This dessert recipe is high in calcium, and vitamin D. Calcium is a key component of strong bones, and vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium more efficiently.
3. Improve Digestion and Support Healthy Kidney Function:
Pound cake is a rich source of fiber. This adds to your good healthy bowel movement. Fiber helps soften stools and promote regularity.
4. Enhance Skin Health:
The milk gives an extra boost to skin and hair health. Milk is not just for food or drinking but also has many medicinal purposes, including treating skin problems such as dry skin, itching, itchy scalps, or diaper rash.
5. Relieve Nausea and Vomiting:
The eggs in this recipe are rich in tryptophan. It is a nutrient that helps the body produce serotonin, the neurotransmitter responsible for feelings of well-being.
What is the best flour to use for a pound cake?
Use all-purpose flour because it is made with a combination of hard and soft wheat, which provides gluten and a tender texture.
What is a good cake recipe for a beginner baker?
A pound cake is perfect for novice bakers because it’s easy to make, simple recipe. The basic ingredients are butter, sugar, eggs, and flour.
How do you make pound cake moist?
Yes, one of the best ways to make your pound cake moist is by adding lemon juice rather than milk or water. You can also add other ingredients like butter or sugar for a moist and delicious dessert
When baking a pound cake, what temperature should you use?
325 degrees F is recommended to bake this cake. Layers of batter are baked at different temperatures to produce even layers and prevent the top from collapsing.
What makes a pound cake rise high?
Using cold or frozen eggs makes the cake rise high. Also, adding baking powder and baking soda to the batter makes this cake rise high.
How do you bake a pound cake?
1. Grease a loaf pan and make a well in the center after sprinkling it with a little flour. Place the batter in the well of the bowl, then add eggs and vanilla to it.
2. Mix all ingredients with a wooden spoon, then pour the batter into the greased bread pan, keeping it in its shape.
3. Bake for an hour in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C.
Should you use milk or water in pound cake?
Yes, milk gives the cake a rich taste. You can also substitute milk with water, but it will make the cake dry and without flavor.
Is the moist pound cake recipe easy to make?
Pound Cake is easy to make because you only have to mix the ingredients. There are no complicated steps in making this cake.
Brought to you by my passion for cooking and my love of food, I am a huge baking lover. So I think it’s important to share this recipe with you guys. I hope you like it.
If you like this recipe, then give it a rating. Please leave comments below to let us know how it went.
Thanks for visiting!