Gluten free ice cream cake recipe is easy to make, chocolatey and decadent, bursting with chocolate flavor and strawberries. It’s perfect for your gluten-free friends or when you want to indulge in a gluten-free dessert.
The homemade gluten free ice cream cake recipe is made of a chocolate cookie crust, layers of homemade full-fat ice cream, dark chocolate, and fresh creamy vanilla ice cream.
You can make your own homemade gluten-free ice cream with this easy gluten-free strawberry ice cream recipe. If you have an ice cream machine, that’s what I would recommend. You can also use store-bought ice cream instead.
The cake layers are filled with fresh, sweet, ripe strawberries and shaved dark chocolate to make it super indulgent. It’s topped with a dark chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries.
The cake has 2 layers of rich, chocolatey homemade full-fat ice cream to enjoy on birthdays and holidays.
The ingredients aren’t difficult to find, and you can prepare the homemade ice cream in no time. This is one of the best gluten-free dessert recipes since it’s delicious, luxurious, and decadent; everyone will love it.
How to make a Gluten free ice cream cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Freezing Time: 3 Hours
Total Time: 4 Hours 25 Minutes
Ingredients for Gluten free ice cream cake recipe:
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (I highly recommend Cup4Cup gluten-free flour)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk or non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup vegetable, canola, or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup boiling water
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream, 480 ml
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, 100 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles for topping
Ice Cream Layer:
- 1.5 quarts vanilla ice cream (or any preferred gluten-free flavor), softened for 20-30 minutes
- 1 package of Gluten-Free Oreo Cookies, divided
Instructions for Gluten free ice cream cake recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F, and line a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk or non-dairy milk and oil to the dry ingredients, along with eggs and vanilla extract. Beat together until well combined and smooth. Stir in boiling water and last until well combined (it will be thick)
3. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight up when you lift the beaters).
5. Cut cake into 3 even layers using a long serrated knife or cake leveler to give an even look. Place the top layer on a cake plate and spread 1/3 of the whipped cream on the cake. Place a layer of Oreo cookies on top. Follow another layer of whipped cream and cover the top with remaining Oreo cookies to seal.
6. Freeze until solid, 3 hours or overnight (can be frozen for up to 3 months).
7. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and allow to thaw for 10 minutes (you can skip this step if you are serving it right away).
8. Remove the cake from the pan and carefully remove parchment paper on the underside of the cake. Slice with a knife or sharp serrated knife and run through a pizza cutter or pastry blender to make it even. Serve with extra whipped cream and strawberry garnish as desired.
Garnish each slice of cake with fresh strawberries if desired. For added indulgence, add chocolate shavings to each slice.
This gluten-free dessert is perfect for a birthday celebration or a tasty treat for everyone in the family.
Nutrition Facts of Gluten free ice cream cake recipe
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Gluten free ice cream cake recipe
1. Gluten-Free Food
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley. Although this protein is beneficial for sensitive people, it can be harmful to others.
2. Weight Loss
In order to lose weight and keep it off, you should try to incorporate gluten-free food into your diet (not gluten-free desserts). Gluten-free food can help you reduce your appetite, suppress urges to eat more, and lose weight altogether.
3. Reduces Blood Sugar Level
Since gluten-free food contains less refined carbohydrates, it can reduce blood sugar levels and improve insulin activity. A healthy diet can control diabetes and lower your blood sugar level.
4. Lowers Cholesterol
Studies have shown that following a gluten-free diet may help lower your body’s cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels in the blood.
5. Cancer Prevention
One of the best benefits of gluten-free food is that it can lower your cancer risk. A study has shown that people who have an increased level of gluten in their blood are at an increased risk for developing certain cancers.
You should eliminate gluten and follow a gluten-free diet to prevent diseases. And you can make gluten-free desserts to celebrate birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions.
Does ice cream cake contain gluten?
The gluten-free ice cream cake contains gluten because it is made with a sponge cake, and the icing is a chocolate ganache. So, if you are looking for a perfect Gluten free dessert recipe, this ice cream cake is one of the best choices.
What can I do to avoid gluten?
You should avoid gluten in your diet if you have an allergy to its protein or if you have Celiac disease. A healthy way to avoid gluten is by switching to a whole grain version of foods that contain it. For example, you can use high-fiber oatmeal instead of wheat.
If you want to know more about a gluten-free lifestyle, check out these 3 simple tips:
1) Eat gluten-free food.
2) Avoid gluten in processed foods: flour, bread, and other ready-to-eat products.
3) Be cautious of “imitation” foods that look similar to the real thing but are made with gluten. For example, wheat products may look like cornbread, tacos, or tortillas. They may also look like wheat pasta or pizza crusts.
Is DQ ice cream cake gluten-free?
Yes, only the ice cream cake without gluten is gluten-free. It is made with a sponge cake, and the icing is chocolate ganache. You should be careful to get a new cake if you are looking for a gluten free dessert recipe, or maybe you can use other ice cream flavors like strawberry or vanilla and skip the chocolate ganache.
How to assemble an ice cream cake?
The first thing you have to do is to make a sponge cake, or you can use any other gluten-free cake and prepare it. Then follow these instructions for assembling an ice cream cake:
Placed the bottom layer of the cake on a serving platter. Then spread a third of your favorite ice cream over it. Now, add a layer of chopped Oreo cookies, then cover with another third of the ice cream and another layer of chopped Oreo cookies to seal the sides completely.
Repeat the same process for the second round, using another third of ice cream and covering with chopped Oreo cookies. Then, place the top layer of the cake on top and roll it up to wrap completely, and frost it with chocolate ganache.
If you want to make a gluten-free dessert recipe, get your favorite gluten-free cakes or use other desserts (like brownies) to make a dessert bar or put them into a baking dish.
How to store a gluten free ice cream cake?
Ideally, it would be best to store the ice cream cake in the freezer until it is ready to serve. You can also keep it at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Where can I buy a gluten free ice cream cake?
You can purchase gluten free ice cream cake online or at local grocery stores with gluten-free food. For example, Amazon has thousands of products included in their list of Amazon’s Best Sellers, including this delicious recipe for Gluten-free Ice Cream Cake.
Gluten-free ice cream cake is a great treat for family and friends and is very easy to make. You can choose the gluten free ice cream cake flavors as you like, and then you can serve them in a dessert buffet or maybe for birthdays, holidays, or other special occasions.
I hope you like this gluten-free dessert recipe. Please feel free to share your opinion. If you have any questions or requests, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the difference between gluten free food and gluten free desserts?
Gluten-free food is a term used for products made without any trace of gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, or barley. This protein is harmful to people who are allergic to it and those who have celiac disease. Gluten-free desserts are the alternative to regular desserts that include this protein.
Is ice cream cake gluten free?
Yes, only the ice cream cake without gluten is gluten-free. It is made with a sponge cake, and the icing is chocolate ganache. So, you should be careful to get a new cake if you are looking for a gluten free dessert recipe, or maybe you can use other ice cream flavors like strawberry or vanilla and skip the chocolate ganache.
Are Carvel cakes gluten free?
No, Carvel cakes are not gluten free. They contain a chemical that makes the cake rise. When you make a cake yourself or buy a gluten-free cake from the supermarket, you should be sure that it does not contain any chemical ingredients.
Is ice cream without gluten free?
Yes, it is made with milk and cream, no added wheat flour is used. It is also low in calories and fat and high in calcium and protein content than regular ice-cream of ice-cream.
Does ice cream contain gluten?
Yes, the ice cream is manufactured with a mixture of milk and cream. The ice cream does not include gluten but is made with wheat products like flour and starch containing gluten.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!