Gluten free banana cake recipe is the best cake recipe ever. It is moist, tastes great, and is a gluten-free cake that anyone can enjoy.
Gluten-free banana cake is a versatile option for any gluten-free dieter to enjoy. Enjoying this banana bread-like cake with your family or friends will give you the best time ever.
The Gluten free banana cake recipe is a delicious and moist cake made with gluten-free flour for all banana lovers.
Bananas are a great substitute for flour in many recipes, including this gluten free banana cake recipe. Bananas are lower in carbs than most grains and add moisture to batters, cakes, muffins, bread, and more.
This delicious gluten-free cake is made with a millet-based flour blend that gives it an almost taste like wheat flour without gluten/wheat protein. The paleo banana cake has a mild banana taste and a tender crumb that most gluten-free can appreciate.
Gluten-free banana cake is a delicious treat that is easy to throw together and can be made in no time using your standard kitchen gadgets.
Gluten free banana cake recipe is best served warm with your favorite frosting or glaze. I like to serve this with homemade vegan chocolate buttercream or easy vegan coconut frosting. You could also try my vegan lemon frost icing or vegan whipped cream.
How to make Gluten free banana cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 8 | Cuisine: American
Ingredients for Gluten free banana cake recipe:
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of gluten-free self-raising flour – I use Orgran Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (or potato starch)
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- ¾ of a cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of bi-carb soda
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup of vegan butter – I use Pure and Simple Organic Vegan Butter –
- 1/4 cup of dairy-free cream cheese – Vegutta Original Cream Cheese Alternative –
- 2 cups of icing sugar (confectioners)
Method For Gluten free banana cake recipe:
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and prepare a loaf pan (8×8 inch) by greasing it with oil or line it with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, bi-carb soda, and brown sugar. Mix with a spatula.
3. Add the mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla extract to the mixer bowl and mix well.
4. Alternately add your milk and gluten-free flour mixture to the mixer bowl while mixing until it becomes smooth and lump-free.
5. Pour the batter into your loaf pan and place it in the oven.
6. Bake your gluten free banana cake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake is something clean.
7. Allow the loaf cake to cool down slightly before taking it out of the pan and letting it cool completely on a wire rack.
8. Once cooled, add your frosting and enjoy!
9. For the frosting, melt the vegan butter in a small saucepan. Add the cream cheese and mix well.
10. Add your icing sugar gradually while mixing with a spatula to avoid lumps.
11. Pour the icing on your banana bread and serve immediately!
1. You can substitute coconut flour for tapioca or potato starch.
2. You can add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to this recipe to make it chocolate banana cake. For a carrot, add raisins or grated carrots instead of bananas.
3. Banana cake is served warm with plenty of frosting on the top and sides. It pairs well with tea and coffee!
4. Banana cake freezes well and stays in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
5. When freezing, place plastic wrap or a bag over your banana cake to avoid ice crystals forming on the top.
The gluten-free banana cake recipe is a delicious treat you can share with your friends and family on any given day.
Nutrition Facts of Gluten free banana cake recipe
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Gluten free banana cake recipe
1. Gluten free banana cake recipe is a great option for those with gluten intolerance or Celiac disease. You can still enjoy this delicious cake without the risk of allergies and health issues.
2. Gluten free banana cake recipe is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, calcium, and iron. It can help prevent anemia as it is high in iron and can also help boost your immune system!
3. Gluten free banana cake recipe is great for those on restrictive diets like vegan and paleo. You can still enjoy a delicious treat that won’t cause any health issues.
4. Gluten free banana cake recipe is rich in potassium and aids blood pressure levels, and helps to maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
5. Gluten free banana cake recipe is great for those trying to lower their cholesterol levels. It can help reduce bad cholesterol levels and increase your HDL (good) cholesterol levels!
How do I make my gluten-free baking more fluffy?
If you have been following this blog for a while, you will know that I love all baked goods with a fluffy consistency. I like to use gluten-free flours, and these are the flours that I use in all my baking. On top of using these flours, other steps help with the overall texture of my bakes. These steps include:
1. Use a large mixing bowl.
This will help disperse the ingredients you add to your gluten free banana cake recipe. A large bowl will also help aerate your mixture and make it fluffy.
2. Use a balloon whisk or an electric mixer to mix all the ingredients for your gluten free banana cake recipe –
Begin with adding all of your dry ingredients to the bowl and combine with a spatula. If you use a balloon, whisk mix until all your ingredients are well combined. If you are using an electric mixer, mix for about 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
3. Use very ripe bananas –
The first thing that I do is add ripe bananas to my gluten free banana cake recipe. You can use a hand-held mixer or a fork to mash the bananas until they reach a smooth consistency.
4. If you are using a hand-held mixer, blend in the proteins (eggs and cream cheese) –
When I use an electric mixer, I add my egg whites and cream cheese to form a batter.
5. Add remaining ingredients –
When I use an electric mixer, I add the remaining ingredients to my mixture and mix.
6. Use a large blade attachment or whisk attachment on your electric mixer to whip the mixture until it forms a smooth consistency –
If you are using a hand-held mixer, slowly add in all of your additional ingredients while continuing to mix.
What makes gluten-free cakes rise?
When making any cake, the most important thing is to ensure that your ingredients are properly combined. Once your ingredients are fully combined, gluten-free cakes will rise as the baking powder or soda is added.
When baking a gluten-free banana cake, it is important to use ample leavening agents for it to rise properly. The leavening agents that I use are both baking soda and baking powder.
There is a difference between the two; when used together, they create a reaction that causes the sponge cake to rise.
How do you make gluten-free flour for cakes?
The flour I use in my gluten-free banana cake recipe is potato starch and tapioca starch.
I find that potato starch has a better rise than tapioca starch. When I used a combination of both ingredients, I was able to create a light, moist and fluffy loaf cake.
I love that my batter is very thick, light, and fluffy. If you’re looking for texture control, I recommend using both starches with equal amounts.
How do you make gluten-free cakes less dense?
The gluten-free banana cake recipe that I have is very light, airy, and fluffy, which I am sure many of you will agree is delicious.
I like my cakes to be light as I find that they are easier to store. If you would like your cakes to be a lot denser, you can add more potato starch or tapioca starch.
Gluten-free banana cake is a delicious recipe that everyone will love. With just a few ingredients and simple steps, you’ll be able to create a gluten-free version of this classic recipe.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe. If you try it out, please let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below.