The coffee cake cookie recipe is a simple dessert that comes together in under half an hour and can be made gluten-free.
It is perfect for special occasions or family gatherings. You can also use your favorite variation of sugar, spices, or other ingredients to make it your own.
The coffee cake cookie recipe is a quick and easy-to-make coffee cake recipe. This dessert has a soft and delicate texture, with an enticing aroma that will cause your mouth to water first.
It includes buttermilk, sugar, butter, self-rising flour, cocoa powder, coffee extract, vanilla extract, and egg yolks for richness.
The most important part of this recipe is the coffee flavor, which it gets from the coffee extract and coffee in the batter. The coffee brings out the fragrant scent and wonderful taste of the dessert.
This chocolate coffee cake also has a delicious glaze, giving it an irresistible texture. It is perfect as a dessert for holiday occasions or tea-time treat everyone will love!
The coffee cake cookie recipe takes mere minutes to prepare. You will love the texture, taste, and aroma that this dessert brings to the table.
How to make a Coffee cake cookie recipe?
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Time Cooking: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Coffee cake cookie recipe:
For the cookie dough:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp. cold butter, unsalted, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
For the streusel coating:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large egg whites
For the Icing:
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Instructions for Coffee cake cookie recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour on a 9-inch-square baking pan; set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, cake flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy using a stand or hand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat in vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Add in egg and egg yolk, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Mix flour mixture into wet ingredients on a low speed until just blended.
6. Spread half the dough into the prepared pan; set aside.
7. In another bowl, combine streusel ingredients using a fork or pastry blender to form coarse crumbs; reserve 1/2 cup of crumbs for topping the cookie dough layer, and set aside the remaining crumbs for topping the coffee cake batter layer.
8. Crumble the remaining streusel over the dough in the pan.
9. Whisk together wet ingredients for the coffee cake batter; pour over the crumb topping.
10. Mix reserved streusel crumbs with reserved 1/2 cup crumbs; sprinkle over the coffee cake batter layer, pressing down slightly to adhere to the crust layer.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown; cool completely in a pan on a wire rack before icing.
While the coffee cake is baking:
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix egg whites and salt on low speed; gradually add powdered sugar until combined.
2. With a spatula, gently fold in 1/4 cup of melted butter and vanilla extract.
3. Mix for about 5-10 minutes on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
4. Place the coffee cake on a cutting board and spread the icing.
5. Top with reserved streusel crumbs and serve.
- You need not make your own coffee cake. You can use a boxed mix.
- You can also combine the ingredients for this batter into 1/4 cup and bake it as a quick and easy dessert or light breakfast treat!
- For the frosting, use only 3 Tbsp of butter to keep it from being too rich.
Nutrition Facts of Coffee cake cookie recipe
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
7 Amazing Health Benefits of Coffee cake cookie recipe
1. It is good for your health because chocolate chips are rich in antioxidants.
2. Easy to make and quick to prepare, the coffee flavor does not overpower the taste of other flavors used in this recipe.
3. This dish contains nutrients such as minerals and vitamins A, B, C, and E essential to good health.
4. It also has calcium, phosphorus, and sodium that help the body function optimally.
5. This recipe is a dietary source of fiber that helps produce and maintain a healthy digestive system.
6. Also, coffee helps boost mental alertness and energy levels.
7. It also helps regulate the blood sugar in the body, thus reducing the risk of diabetes.
Can I Freeze the Coffee cake cookie recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the coffee cake cookie recipe. Allow the mixture to cool completely, then place in an airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bag. You can also pour the frosting over the cake and allow it to harden before swirling it.
How Long Can the Coffee cake cookie recipe be stored?
The coffee cake cookie recipe can be kept for up to 2 days when stored in a refrigerator; after that, I suggest freezing the batter and baking it when needed. The frosting should be added just before serving.
Can I make It gluten free?
You can make this gluten-free by using dairy-free and gluten-free baking flour. If you are unsure how the recipe will turn out in the end, it is better to take a small portion and test it first.
If you like this coffee cake, you may also like the Turkish cake recipe, which is light and fluffy.
Does coffeecake have coffee in it?
Coffee cake is often made with chocolate, vanilla, or coffee flavor, and the presence of coffee can be added to this recipe. Don’t be fooled by this recipe and assume it’s loaded with sugar, as the sugar is meant to balance the tartness of the coffee.
What makes cookies soft or hard?
What makes a cookie soft or hard depends on several factors, including the ingredients used in the dough and the temperature of the oven at which it is baked. If the fat is melted, the cookie is softer, but the other extreme is a crumbly texture.
The cookie is harder if the fat is not melted at all. If the dough has butter, it will be softer, but if there is margarine or vegetable oil in it, it will be hard. Softer cookies are more popular because of their texture and shape.
How do you make cake flour with cookies?
Several methods exist to achieve this effect if you don’t have cake flour in your pantry. For instance, do the following:
1) Place the all-purpose flour inside a fine mesh sieve over a bowl.
2) Sift while shaking the sieve. This will separate the fine art of the flour from the heavier part. Collect two cups of this mixture and discard any excess in the sieve.
3) Use it as you normally would with other recipes.
How long do the cookies last?
You can store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or the freezer for up to two months.
Do you like coffee cake? If yes, then this recipe will not disappoint you. This is a cookie made from a creamy coffee cake with a sweet, crunchy taste.
You can even make the frosting the night before to bake it the next day. It is a great snack or dessert.
I hope this recipe helps! Make sure to let us know how it went if you make it, and share a picture with us on Facebook or Instagram. It can be so helpful to other people that are trying to achieve great results in the kitchen.
If you liked this recipe, please share it with your friends and family.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!