The Cinnamon supper cake recipe is a delicious, easy-to-make cake with a cinnamon and ginger flavor. This cake is so easy to make that you can bake it in your own oven or under the broiler of your grill.
It’s also great for peanut butter sundaes, breakfast, or a Saturday afternoon snack.
Plus, this dessert is sweetened only with natural agave nectar and low-glycemic monk fruit extract to reduce nasty spikes in blood sugar levels.
My husband loves Mexican food. He’s asked me to make this cake for dinner, so I thought it would be good to post it on the blog.
The cake is sweet, and the hint of cinnamon makes Mexican food with the spices you’ve been missing.
How to make the Cinnamon supper cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 10 Servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Ingredients for Cinnamon supper cake recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Instructions for Cinnamon supper cake recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch round baking dish. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until well combined.
4. Pour in milk; mix until smooth. Continue beating the cake mixture on high speed until well combined, about 1 minute more, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Pour cake batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon until well blended. Pour warm glaze over the hot cake, and let it cool. Cut into wedges, and serve immediately or at room temperature.
7. Store the cinnamon supper cake recipe in the refrigerator.
The cinnamon supper cake recipe is one delicious and easy-to-make cake that’s great with butter, rum sauce, chocolate sauce, or ice cream.
This recipe is really delicious. Make sure to use fresh milk and eggs when making this cake.
Nutrition Facts of Cinnamon supper cake recipe
5 Perfect Serving Ideas for Cinnamon supper cake recipe
1. This is a breakfast recipe. Serve it with some yogurt and fruit, or add your favorite toppings.
2. Add some ice cream, and it will be a creamy, cool dessert. You can also add your favorite toppings.
3. Instead of serving it as a cake, add some toasted nuts to the mix and serve it as bran muffins.
4. Make a peanut butter sundae with peanuts, chocolate syrup, and vanilla ice cream.
5. Serve it with hot apple cider or warm milk for an afternoon snack.
Can I Freeze the Cinnamon supper cake recipe?
Yes, the cinnamon supper cake recipe can be stored in the freezer (without the glaze) for up to 3 months. To store it, wrap it in plastic and place it in a freezer container. It can be served directly from the freezer.
How long does the Cinnamon supper cake recipe last?
If frozen, the cinnamon supper cake recipe will last for about 3 months in a sealed freezer bag or Tupperware. If refrigerated, it will last for about 5 days.
Can I make a Cinnamon supper cake recipe in a slow cooker?
Yes, this cinnamon toast recipe is easy to make in the slow cooker. It’s great for a weekend breakfast or brunch. It is a delicious, low-carb option for breakfast or brunch. This recipe can also be made on the stovetop.
Is the Cinnamon supper cake recipe healthy?
Yes, the cinnamon supper cake recipe is low in calories and fat and high in fiber. It’s a great choice for breakfast or brunch. It can also be made into muffins or served with your favorite topping.
Is It Good for everybody?
Yes, the cinnamon supper cake recipe is good for everybody. It’s a great choice for breakfast or brunch. It can also be made into muffins or served with your favorite topping.
Is It Healthy for Pregnant Women?
Yes, the cinnamon supper cake recipe is healthy during pregnancy. It’s great for breakfast or brunch.
The Cinnamon toast recipe is low in fat, calories, and cholesterol. It’s easy to make and can be made into muffins or served with your favorite topping.
Will It Impede Weight Loss?
The cinnamon supper cake recipe is low in fat, calories, and cholesterol. It’s easy to make and can be made into muffins or served with your favorite topping.
Is the cinnamon supper cake recipe Kids Friendly?
Yes, the cinnamon supper cake recipe is kid-friendly. It’s easy to make, and it’s yummy and healthy as well. It is a good recipe for kids of all ages. It’s easy to make and tasty too! Everyone can enjoy this recipe.
Are there Different Recipes for Cinnamon supper cake recipes?
Yes, there are many different versions of the cinnamon supper cake recipe that you can use. You can replace it with regular flour or with all-purpose flour.
Filled with cinnamon, this delicious cake is a perfect choice for breakfast or brunch. You can also serve it as muffins or topped with your favorite toppings. Great for tea parties. You can even make it a special dessert for guests. Try out this recipe, and let me know how it turns out.
I hope you found this post on the cinnamon supper cake recipe helpful and that you can make a delicious recipe. If you want more recipes, feel free to check out my other recipes on my blog.
I also love getting feedback, so please comment below telling me what you think of this recipe.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!