The chocolate jiggly cake recipe is a dessert that is popular in Taiwan. It can be served with ice cream, whipped cream, or chocolate syrup. It’s a chocolate fudge cake with a layer of chocolate ganache for extra taste and topped with crushed biscuit crumbs.
This recipe is made with flour, eggs, chocolate ganache, and other ingredients. It can be prepared a day before.
There are also some tips to make the recipe even better, such as using chocolate with a high cacao content and a higher concentration of glucose syrup to make it bouncier.
How to make a Chocolate jiggly cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 20 minutes,
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield Servings: 8
Serving size: Serves 1
Ingredients for Chocolate jiggly cake Recipe:
- 250g (1 cup)unsweetened cocoa powder
- 120g (½ cup)granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 110g (¼ cup)pure maple syrup
- 40ml (3 tbsp)vegetable oil
- 60ml (¼ cup)rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup of oil and softened butter (or margarine)
- Zest of 1 organic lime or lemon, optional.
- ¼ of the recipe’s water
- Crushed biscuit crumbs
Directions for Chocolate jiggly cake recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Slowly add in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly mixed.
3. Combine cocoa powder and baking soda in a small bowl and add it to the butter mixture alternately with vinegar. Spoon the mixture into a sprayed 9-inch round cake pan. Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
4. Prepare ganache by mixing melted butter (or margarine), chocolate, and glucose syrup. Stir to blend well. Place the resulting mixture in a microwavable bowl and bake at high power for 3-4 minutes. Remove and stir once more until the sugar granules dissolve and creaminess is reached.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and transfer it to a wire rack to slightly cool. Pour half of the ganache on the cake and spread it evenly. Pour extra melted butter into a small bowl, add crushed biscuit crumbs and stir well until they are evenly combined with the butter mixture. Spread the mixture on top of the cake.
6. Pour the remaining ganache and spread evenly to cover the surface of the cake. Refrigerate until set.
7. Garnish with lime zest or any other fresh fruit you prefer, if desired!
Nutrition Facts of Chocolate jiggly cake recipe
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Chocolate jiggly cake recipe
1. It is a very low-calorie dessert, so easily addictive. Plus, it packs 15 grams of protein per serving!
2. Rich in minerals and protein with an excellent source of calcium and potassium.
3. Chocolate tends to be very beneficial for health, especially for improving heart health and lowering blood pressure (compared to other sweet treats). Also, eating dark chocolate is associated with lower heart disease and stroke risk.
4. Rich in antioxidants and flavanols. Antioxidants help reduce free radical damage and cardiovascular disease.
5. Energy booster! According to a recent study, eating chocolate can help improve energy levels by ingesting sugars and carbohydrates.
Can Freeze chocolate jiggly cake recipe?
Freezing can last for several weeks, but place the cake in a container or wrap it well to avoid freezer burn.
Also, if you are freezing it for longer periods, you can spread the remaining ganache on top of the cake and freeze well. Before serving, remove from the freezer and thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
What is chocolate jiggly cake?
The jiggly chocolate cake is a popular dessert that originates in Taiwan. It looks like a rich chocolate cake but is made with mashed banana and sweetened with confectioners sugar. The leading ingredient here is chocolate that is completely melted by melted butter; then, the whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and oil is added.
In Taiwan, the jiggly chocolate cake is very popular at birthday parties. Parents usually serve it together with a scoop of ice cream or fresh fruit on top. It’s also served as a canapé during celebrations such as weddings or parties when you want to impress everyone.
Is the Chocolate jiggly cake recipe good for everybody?
This dessert is considered high in calories but low in fat. It is also rich in fiber, protein, and minerals, so it can help to improve heart health and lower the risk of certain types of cancer.
In addition to that, dark chocolate has been shown to have a broad range of health benefits. The phenols (flavonols) present as a component of cocoa can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce coronary disease risk factors. Dark chocolate also helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
It can also help to prevent stroke by thinning the blood. When blood becomes too thick and sticky, it is more likely to form a clot in the vessels and block them (leading to a stroke). Chocolate helps thin out the blood and improve clotting ability. It has also been shown to improve cognitive function in children.
What is the recipe for chocolate jiggly cake?
The recipe for this cake is very easy and quick. The base is a mashed banana, so no wonder the cake has a natural sweetness that is not too sugary. It is topped with a ganache and then finished with chocolate sprinkles.
The Chocolate jiggly cake is a popular dessert in Taiwan and is widely found in bakeries. Between the cake layers, chocolate bits give it a nice texture and great taste. The ganache topping and chocolate sprinkles make the cake look pretty, a favorite among kids.
I hope you enjoy my chocolate jiggly cake recipe. Let me know if you have comments and questions below. I’m always happy to hear from you!