The birthday cake popsicle recipe is a treat for the entire family. These are perfect for hot summer days when you want to enjoy a sweet dessert without all the melted mess. Plus, kids will love making and eating them!
This Cake Popsicle recipe is easy to make. It’s a recipe you can use repeatedly, and it tastes Amazing!
I promise, once you try the Birthday Cake Popsicle recipe, you will wish you had made them for your kids every day of the summer.
Nothing is more fun than handing out popsicle treats to your kids on a hot day, but it can also be messy. These Birthday Cake Popsicle Pops will not only be a hit with your kids but also delicious; you don’t need to worry about melting them. Just use a popsicle stick or the back of a spoon to dig them out.
How to make a Birthday cake popsicle recipe?
Preparation Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Birthday cake popsicle recipe:
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- sifted (1 pound box)
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- Popsicle sticks
Instructions for Birthday cake popsicle recipe:
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, milk, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
Step 3: Add the food coloring and mix until combined. The batter will be runny.
Step 4: Spoon the batter into 12 muffin tins with paper liners or greased (I prefer lined as they don’t stick or leave a residue) and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until cakes are set in the center of the pans. Cool completely.
Step 5: Sift the powdered sugar and set it aside in a large bowl.
Step 6: In an electric mixer, combine butter, shortening, vanilla, and milk on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
Step 7: Sift half the powdered sugar over the butter mixture. Mix well.
Step 8: Add remaining powdered sugar and mix again until creamy.
Step 9: Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip.
Step 10: Remove the cake from the pan, leaving about 1/2 of the paper on the cake for stability.
Step 11: Pipe frosting onto cooled cakes in the desired pattern.
Step 12: Top with sprinkles and place the frosting in the freezer for an hour to firm up.
Step 13: To remove popsicles remove the cake sheet one at a time and dip it in the bottom of the popsicle stick.
Step 14: Start digging out cake pops with chopsticks or a spoon, and enjoy!
1. Make sure to sift the powdered sugar before you start because there are some lumps.
2. Don’t over-mix the cake batter. The amount of milk and vanilla extract will vary depending on the brand and dryness of the cake mix.
3. You can use red, pink, or orange colored sprinkles to give it a festive look.
4. When assembling the pops, be sure that you don’t add too much frosting because it will not freeze well and melt in your hands.
Make sure all the cake pops are in their own compartment, or they will stick together.
Nutrition Facts of Birthday cake popsicle recipe
Best 5 Benefits of Birthday cake popsicle recipe
1. This cake popsicle recipe is prepared using a white cake mix and covered with creamy vanilla frosting.
2. The ice cream will give your taste buds a treat of this awesome dessert, which you can have in the summertime.
3. The presence of healthy food ingredients like all-purpose flour, sugar, and butter make this cake pop recipe a pure treat for you and your entire family members without worrying about the health factor.
4. The cake pops are delicious, crunchy, and can be easily digested.
5. Your kids will have a blast, especially when they are stuck in the middle of a hot summer day and don’t have anything to eat.
Even though it’s not a diet, you can add this cake popsicle recipe to your diet as it has no sugar or fat and is just pure yumminess and a treat for your taste buds!
Can you make cake pops and freeze them?
You can always have cake pops as a snack, but you can freeze them if you make more than 12. Let them cool completely, and then put them in freezer-safe containers. When ready to eat, follow the same procedure to enjoy your cake popsicles!
What Are Cake Popsicles Made Of?
Cake popsicles are made of a cake base (usually white), dipped in hard chocolate, topped with sprinkles, and then frozen.
How Long Do Cake Popsicles Last?
Cake popsicles will last up to two weeks in the freezer. You can eat them frozen or thawed out. You will enjoy every bite of this sweet and creamy dessert.
What Is The Difference Between Cake Pops and Cake Popsicles?
Cake Pops are bite-sized versions of the cake made into a ball, which you can eat with a stick. Cake popsicle is the same concept, but instead of balls, they are made into popsicles.
Cake Popsicle is described as ice cream wrapped in a cake ball and then frozen. This can include chocolate-coated cake balls dipped in regular or chocolate-flavored ice cream.
The birthday cake popsicle recipe is the perfect treat for people who love to have a dessert but cannot be bothered to make one. It is simple, yummy, and sweet. You can even add your flavors as it is your own recipe that you can create and be creative with.
I hope you try this recipe, which also comes out perfectly. Leave a comment below and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends and family!