The banana pudding funnel cake recipe is a fluffy, tasty dessert that will be the perfect addition to your kitchen arsenal. This recipe kicks the original funnel cake up a notch.
After topping deep-fried funnel cakes with powdered sugar, it’s time for the banana pudding, and you’ll be ready to chow down! Use a combo of fresh and frozen bananas to create this dessert.
If you are looking for a simple dessert made in a few simple steps, try this recipe. This will be a fun and easy-to-make dessert for the whole family. Let’s get started!
How to prepare a Banana pudding funnel cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients for banana pudding funnel cake recipe:
- 2 cups Bisquick pancake/baking mix
- 4 cups of cold whole milk 1 cup of funnel cake batter
- 3 cups of banana pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5.1 oz banana pudding mix
- powdered sugar for topping
- 3 sliced bananas for topping
- Nilla wafers crushed for topping
- oil for frying
How to make a banana pudding funnel cake recipe:
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Use regular pancake batter to prepare funnel cakes by whisking together all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour batter into a greased skillet at least 10 inches in diameter, and cook until golden brown on both sides.
3. Use a banana pudding mix to prepare the banana pudding, whisking together all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Serve funnel cakes with banana pudding, additional banana slices, whipped cream, and crushed Nilla wafers.
1. Use the batter prepared for making funnel cakes, but add 1.5 cups of milk and 1/3 cup of banana pudding mix.
2. For the topping: Use a homemade whipped cream or store-bought whipped topping rather than Cool whip to prepare this recipe.
3. Try making this dessert with fresh bananas rather than frozen ones for a healthier version of the original recipe.
4. Use this recipe as a guideline to create your own ingredients, replacing the Bisquick pancake/baking mix with your favorite variety. For example, you can use brown sugar or coconut flour to make a healthier but equally delicious version of this dessert.
Nutrition Facts of banana pudding funnel cake recipe
- Calories: 470
- Calories from fat: 140
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Sugar: 10.9g
- Sodium: 636mg
- Potassium: 255mg
- Protein: 28.2g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Carbohydrate: 66.6g
Best 5 Benefits of the Banana pudding funnel cake recipe
1. An excellent way to get your potassium.
This recipe provides 2/3 of your daily recommended amount of potassium. This mineral is a must to maintain the balance of electrolytes in the body and helps regulate blood pressure. The banana pudding funnel cake recipe is an excellent way for you to get sufficient amounts of this essential mineral.
2. Banana is a great source of vitamin B6.
The deficiency of vitamin B6 can lead to skin disorders, weight gain, depression, fatigue, and cardiovascular diseases. It can be found in beans, potatoes, bananas, and meats. This recipe provides your body with an essential B vitamin that helps fight free radicals and prevent obesity.
3. Banana pudding funnel cake recipe is an excellent source of vitamin C.
Vitamin C is essential to boost your immune system’s defense against infections and diseases. It dramatically increases iron absorption from foods like meat, beans, greens, and fruits. Also, it helps maintain the strength of the bones and teeth.
4. Promotes weight loss.
The banana pudding funnel cake recipe is a great dessert choice because it contains very little fat and sugar compared to other desserts like ice cream and chocolate. This recipe can help satisfy your craving for sweets without compromising your diet plan or goals.
5. Banana pudding funnel cake recipe is an excellent source of antioxidants.
The banana pudding funnel cake recipe can help you reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and cancer. A high intake of antioxidants such as vitamin C, lycopene, carotenoids, and flavonoids found in this dessert can help fight the free radicals that cause degenerative diseases such as heart disease.
Can I Freeze the Banana pudding funnel cake recipe?
Yes, it can. But before you do, make sure all components are thoroughly cooled, then wrap them individually in plastic bags. Freeze for up to 3 months at a temperature of -18C/-0F degrees. Reheat in the oven on low heat until warm inside, or defrost in the microwave for a few minutes.
Is the Banana pudding funnel cake recipe good for everybody?
Yes, those with gluten intolerance can enjoy this recipe. However, the carb count might be high for some people. When making this recipe, those on a low carb or keto diet should consider their diet goals.
It’s an excellent choice for both kids and adults. It provides a delicious alternative to store-bought snacks and desserts.
How long does the banana pudding funnel cake recipe take to prepare?
Preparing your banana pudding funnel cake recipe takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how fast you work in the kitchen.
The banana pudding funnel cake recipe is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes. This dessert can be prepared in less than 20 minutes, but the taste will appeal to all your family members.
I hope you enjoyed these healthy banana pudding funnel cakes. If you did, please don’t forget to share it on your social network or post it on Pinterest. The more people know about this healthy dessert, the better!
Thank you for reading this post!
Is funnel cake made of pancake mix?
The banana pudding funnel cake recipe is made from pancake mix. It’s a recipe similar to those sold in stores, but this dessert is much healthier.
How do you make funnel cakes crispy?
You will need to preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. After that, use regular pancake batter to prepare funnel cakes by whisking together all ingredients in a large bowl. Pour batter into a greased skillet at least 10 inches in diameter, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Use the banana pudding recipe for preparing this healthy dessert.
Why are my funnel cakes soggy?
You probably didn’t use a large enough skillet. Also, that could be the reason why your pancake mix is soggy. Make sure to use a large skillet so that the batter covers the pan’s surface. Otherwise, you will have to flip your cakes more often, leading to soggy cakes.
What do I do with leftovers?
Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 2 days in an airtight container or stored in a freezer for up to 3 months.
Are baked funnel cakes healthy?
Yes, they are. They don’t contain much fat or sugar, and they are very moist. If you want to make your recipe home, I recommend using a light pancake mix and preparing them without oil or with little butter. That way, they will be healthier than the store-bought ones.