The banana pudding funnel cake recipe is a fluffy, tasty dessert that will be the perfect addition to your kitchen arsenal.
Looking for a delicious dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than the Banana Pudding Funnel Cake Recipe!
This tasty treat combines the classic flavors of banana pudding with the crispy, sweet goodness of funnel cake.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make this delectable dessert. So grab your ingredients and let’s get started!
How to prepare a Banana pudding funnel cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
For the Banana Pudding:
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
For the Funnel Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. In a medium bowl, prepare the banana pudding mix according to the package instructions.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cold milk, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract.
3. Fold the whipped cream and mashed bananas into the pudding mixture, then stir in the milk mixture.
4. Cover and refrigerate the pudding mixture for at least 1 hour, or until set.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
7. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
8. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot or deep fryer until it reaches 375°F.
9. Using a funnel or squeeze bottle, pour the batter into the hot oil in a circular motion to create a spiral shape.
10. Fry the funnel cake for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
11. Remove the funnel cake from the oil and place it on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
12. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the funnel cake.
Tips for Making the Perfect Banana Pudding Funnel Cake
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before pouring in the batter.
- Use a funnel or squeeze bottle to create the spiral shape for the funnel cake.
- Allow the pudding mixture to set in the refrigerator for at least an hour before using it to top the funnel cake.
Dust the finished funnel cake with powdered sugar to add a sweet finishing touch
Nutrition Facts of banana pudding funnel cake recipe
Here is the nutrition information for the Banana Pudding Funnel Cake Recipe:
Serving size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 395
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 59g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 35g
- Protein: 7g
Please keep in mind that these values are approximate and may vary based on the specific ingredients and brands used.
A balanced diet should include this recipe, which is meant to be a dessert, therefore it should be consumed in moderation.
Can I Freeze the Banana pudding funnel cake recipe?
Yes, it can. But before you do, make sure all components are thoroughly cooled, then wrap them individually in plastic bags.
Freeze for up to 3 months at a temperature of -18C/-0F degrees. Reheat in the oven on low heat until warm inside, or defrost in the microwave for a few minutes.
How long does the banana pudding funnel cake recipe take to prepare?
Preparing your banana pudding funnel cake recipe takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how fast you work in the kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is funnel cake made of pancake mix?
The banana pudding funnel cake recipe is made from pancake mix. It’s a recipe similar to those sold in stores, but this dessert is much healthier.
Why are my funnel cakes soggy?
You probably didn’t use a large enough skillet. Also, that could be the reason why your pancake mix is soggy. Make sure to use a large skillet so that the batter covers the pan’s surface. Otherwise, you will have to flip your cakes more often, leading to soggy cakes.
What do I do with leftovers?
Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 2 days in an airtight container or stored in a freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I use a different type of pudding mix for the banana pudding?
Yes, you can use any flavor of the pudding mix you prefer. However, using vanilla pudding will provide the most traditional banana pudding flavor.
Can I substitute almond milk for regular milk in the funnel cake batter?
Yes, you can use almond milk or any other type of milk you prefer in the batter.
How can I store leftover banana pudding funnel cake?
Store any leftover banana pudding and funnel cake separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat the
The banana pudding funnel cake recipe is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes. This dessert can be prepared in less than 20 minutes, but the taste will appeal to all your family members.
I hope you enjoyed these healthy banana pudding funnel cakes. If you did, please don’t forget to share it on your social network or post it on Pinterest. The more people know about this healthy dessert, the better!
Thank you for reading this post!
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!