The banana pudding cake recipe is a popular dessert that is easy to make, looks impressive, and tastes delicious. The cake is made from layers of yellow cake and banana pudding, with the filling made from banana pudding mix. This recipe can be adjusted for all types of cakes or other desserts.
The cake has a delicate flavor because it does not contain any chocolate or butter, making it perfect for those who are allergic or want to go low-carb.
Many people find it odd to see the combination of banana and pudding. Still, it is a classic combo used in Mrs. Dash’s recipe for banana dinner, which hardly focuses on anything other than banana.
It is commonly used as a mix-in with many other dishes by varying the spices. This recipe uses the same concept but with a cake instead of dinner to help you extend your baking time without going out and buying any ingredients required for a dessert.
How to make a Banana pudding cake recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 45 minutes
Oven Temperature: 350 F/175 C
Ingredients for Banana Pudding Cake Recipe:
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 package (12 ounces) of vanilla wafers
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) of instant banana cream pudding mix
- WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING:
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Sliced ripe bananas, optional
Instructions for Banana pudding cake recipe:
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 F/175 C. Spray six (6) 6″ round cake pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla until well combined.
Step 3: Take tablespoonsful of batter out of the bowl, filling each of the 6 pans about half full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done; remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
Step 4: Filling: In a medium bowl, whip the milk, banana pudding mix, and vanilla until smooth.
Step 5: For each of the 6 cake pans, spoon 1/2 cup of filling into each before it completely cools. Replace the top of the cake and smooth out the filling with the back of a spoon. Allow cooling completely before frosting.
1. In a medium bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream and confectioners’ sugar until peaks form.
2. To assemble: Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Top with 3 slices of vanilla wafer and 2 tablespoons of banana pudding. Follow up with another cake layer, repeat with another layer, then repeat the process to make a total of 5 layers. Place the final cake on top, wrap it in plastic, and let it completely cool before frosting.
3. Decorate as you wish by piping more whipped cream between layers or ice with sliced bananas If desired.
➢ Keep cake chilled until ready to serve.
➢ Leftovers can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
➢ You can substitute the vanilla wafers with any other cookies or crackers to suit your needs.
➢ Mascarpone cheese can be used as an alternative to whipped cream frosting.
➢ This recipe can be adjusted for all types of cakes or other desserts.
Banana Pudding Cake Recipe is a popular dessert that is easy to make, looks impressive, and tastes delicious. The cake is made from layers of yellow cake and banana pudding, with the filling made from banana pudding mix. This recipe can be adjusted for all types of cakes or other desserts.
Nutrition Facts of Banana pudding cake recipe
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Banana pudding cake recipe
1. Banana Pudding cake recipe is a low-calorie dessert with great nutritional value. Banana, the main ingredient in this recipe, contains dietary fiber and Vitamin C, essential for maintaining healthy teeth, bones, and muscles. Banana also helps in the absorption of iron from the food that you eat.
2. It does not contain any butter or chocolate, so it is suitable for those who are allergic or want to go low-carb.
3. Banana Pudding Cake recipe is good for pregnant and nursing moms as it is low in calories and high in nutrients.
4. It also helps improve your memory, treat depression, prevent constipation, and enhance your mood.
5. Bananas are one of the fruits that contain tryptophan which helps you sleep better at night if eaten before going to bed.
6. This recipe is good for kids as it is a tasty cake that makes them eat more, and at the same time, too much banana causes asthma in some people.
What does adding a box of pudding to cake mix do?
Adding a box of pudding mix to cake mix does a few things. First, the heat of baking turns the pudding into a jelly-like substance that cools the batter and prevents your cake from getting soggy. This can also be useful if you don’t have enough banana puree to fill the pans but still want banana in your recipe.
It also adds moisture and texture to your dessert, which would otherwise be very dry and lacking in taste because of its lack of fats or fats that you could put it on.
Should bananas in banana pudding be ripe?
Although banana pudding is normally made with a fully ripe banana, it doesn’t have to be. The main reason you will want to use a perfectly ripe banana for this recipe is that there’s no fat in the pudding mix, so if you like the fresh buttermilk flavor in the pudding, you’re going to want your banana to taste as close as possible.
In fact, some people would experiment with this dish and only use bananas that are still green or frozen.
But if you can’t find bananas that are still yellow and have some life to their taste, try to get the greenest banana you can.
How long does banana pudding last in the fridge?
This dish lasts for several days in the fridge. The cake will last for a few days, probably about three or four days, and although the banana is hard to ripen enough for it to turn into a pudding, it turns into a pudding about seven or eight days after putting it in the fridge. It only takes a few hours to be fully absorbed.
If you make this recipe in advance, leave it at room temperature for as much as 2 or 3 minutes before serving. This will help prevent the premature pudding from forming and make it even more delicious when you serve it to your family and friends.
The banana pudding cake recipe is easy to make and makes an amazing dessert that everyone can eat if you want to review the recipe or have questions about making this great dish, feel free to leave a comment below.
Hi, I’m Mary, and I’m a cake maker here at Cakerecipenow.com blog. With a passion for all things sweet and a flair for creativity in the kitchen, I spent 5 years perfecting the art of cake making and decorating. Over the years, I’ve honed my skills through countless baking experiments, and I’m excited to share my knowledge and experience with you.
I love trying new recipes, especially when they’re delicious, I love them so much… hope you like them! Thanks for the time!