The banana pudding cake recipe with condensed milk is a moist and fluffy banana cake slathered in rich and sweet vanilla pudding.
This banana pudding cake recipe is perfect for feeding a large crowd or when you want to make some decadent desserts but are running low on time. It’s fuss-free, easy, and serves up beautifully in a 9×13-inch baking pan or two 8-inch cake pans.
The banana pudding cake recipe is so tender and moist with the help of heavy cream, sugar, and beaten eggs.
I would recommend this banana pudding cake to people who are banana fans. This is a good choice if you want a different banana cake recipe.
This banana pudding cake recipe is simply the best and most traditional way to enjoy an old-fashioned classic.
What is Banana Pudding Cake?
Banana pudding cake, also called banana bread or banana bread pudding, is a sweet, moist, and simply delicious dessert. The delicious homemade banana cake is perfect for dessert when you have company.
It even improves when made with your home ingredients – bananas and condensed milk. Vanilla too! It is also known as banana bread, banana sponge cake, banana flourless sponge, and banana pudding cake.
The sweetness of the bananas is enhanced by adding condensed milk, just like in the original recipe I found in one of my mother’s old cookbooks.
How to make a Banana pudding cake recipe with condensed milk?
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Baking Time: 1 Hour
Serves: 8 to 10
Ingredients for Banana pudding cake with condensed milk:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar, divided use (depending on your desired sweetness)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature (should be the same consistency as egg white)
- 3/4 cup low-fat or non-dairy yogurt (I used 2% for the pudding and buttermilk for the cake)
- 4 medium. very ripe bananas, mashed until smooth (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Instructions for Banana pudding cake recipe with condensed milk:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease two 8-inchx8-inch cake pans or 1 9×13-inch pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Do not use nonstick. Set aside.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Step 3: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs and 1/2 cup sugar at high speed until thickened and pale, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Step 4: Add yogurt and bananas. Mix at low speed until combined.
Step 5: Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until combined, about 30 seconds more.
Step 6: Gently fold in dry ingredients (in three batches) just until combined. Pour batter into a cake pan or pans evenly.
Step 7: Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow cooling in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before icing.
Step 8: For the icing, In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and sour cream until combined. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Set aside.
Step 9: Cut the cake into rounds in half horizontally (this will ensure it is completely level). Place on a platter or serving platter—spread icing on top of each cake round.
Step 10: Decorate with sliced bananas and serve.
Nutrition Facts of Banana pudding cake recipe with condensed milk
|Saturated fat||2 g|
5 Amazing Health Benefits of Banana pudding cake recipe with condensed milk
1. The potassium-rich banana is well known for its potassium benefits that help to regulate high blood pressure. It also has plenty of fiber and is one of the best sources of vitamin B6. This banana recipe will help keep your skin glowing and nourish your body with plenty of vitamins and minerals.
2. This banana pudding cake recipe is rich in vitamin A which is good for the eyes and skin. It is also a great source of vitamin B6, known for its many benefits, such as improving the nervous system and skin.
3. This banana recipe is one of the best sources of vitamin C, an important antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It is also a good source of vitamin E, which acts as a powerful antioxidant that makes every single cell in our body healthy, normal, and healthy.
4. The banana recipe is also a good source of vitamin B12 and niacin, which help improve the skin, immune system, and overall health.
5. It is one of the best sources of iron, making every single cell healthy, alert, and strong with a great supply of iron.
How Long Does Banana Pudding Cake Last?
This banana cake recipe is best consumed on a baking day but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
How to Prevent Banana Pudding recipe from getting Hard?
To keep the banana pudding cake soft, don’t overbake it. Cook until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
If you know, you will not be able to enjoy the bread right away, you can use this to make Banana Fudge Bars by adding chocolate chips, nuts, and more vanilla into the condensed milk.
Can You Freeze Banana Pudding Poke Cake?
Yes, you can! Make sure that the banana pudding cake recipe has completely cooled before freezing. Wrap well with plastic wrap to prevent moisture, and wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Also, let the banana bread pudding thaw at room temperature or in a refrigerator before serving it.
How can I make instant pudding taste better?
You can add sweetened condensed milk, milk, or heavy cream and serve it with a dollop of whipped cream.
We love desserts in our house, and banana pudding is one of my favorites. My kids think it tastes like ice cream and can’t get enough of it. Give this pudding cake recipe a try, and you won’t be disappointed!
The condensed milk’s texture and flavor will help make it less dense and more like the real thing. It also helps the banana flavor permeate throughout the cake itself, improving the result and making it irresistible to those who try it.
Anyways, I hope you have enjoyed my Banana Pudding Cake Recipe. Feel free to share this recipe with your family and friends. Until next time! Happy Eating!